The Middletown Remanufacturing Center is in the midst of a change journey in an effort to continuously improve. This change journey presents a unique opportunity for a knowledgeable professional to direct their support for continuous improvement of the remanufacturing process within the facility while also learning our business and what makes Middletown Remanufacturing special.
Who are we?
As a remanufacturing operation, we receive Powertrain Components that have exceeded their initial life cycle and restore them to their original performance specifications. The Reman center is committed to protecting the environment, and has received multiple environmental awards.
What is the job?
As the Production Manager you lead Production resources (human, material, intellectual and financial) in order to deliver decided products at agreed targets. You will also provide leadership, direction, and guidance for an assigned area in a production environment, focusing on the quality, delivery and cost objectives. You will work with the management team in Middletown to attack challenges using lean methodologies and driving the roadmap to take us to our next step.
How we do things?
We create TRUST through a good way of working with peers and colleagues. We deliver with world-class PERFORMANCE both on hard and soft metrics. We have fun at work and show PASSION in what we do. CUSTOMER SUCCESS is guiding us in our decisions. We CHANGE to stay ahead, we do it every day and we breathe continuous improvement.
With Whom? The TEAM and the manager.
You will join a professional team, creating business value in an open, dynamic, and rewarding working climate. Our motivation, competence and team spirit are what make us successful. We value team players, with energy and creativity. The atmosphere is relaxed but we mean business! Our trustworthy attitude creates lasting relationship among colleagues, peers and stakeholders. Your manager has an open-door policy as trust and open communication as their core values. A constant and fruitful dialogue is essential to get a common view and alignment. There are no bad ideas, only crazy ones. Your manager will support, coach and guide the team to always get better. Open dialogue, regular feedback and strong continuous improvement mindset are catalysts for our common development as individuals, as a team, a key-player in the success of our factory, and our customer.
Who are you?
You ideally have a bachelor's degree in business, engineering or a related field. You would have direct manufacturing experience and experience leading an organization by utilizing world class manufacturing tools and processes. To be successful in this position, you will have excellent communication skills together with cross-functional networking agility. You are able to coach, train and support within all levels of the organization. We are looking for a person who knows that the key to business success is curiosity, a person who is able to look at the bigger picture as well as getting into details. You see opportunities where others see problems, you have the ability to prioritize actions. You strive for the best with efficiency and speed in execution in order to secure expected performance and you stay accountable for your deliveries. You strive to learn and develop every day. You also enjoy sharing experience and support others. You are a true team player and you contribute with energy and creativity. Being structured doesn’t hurt either!
Key responsibilities will be:
- Insure a safe work environment for all employees using a methodical approach to risk identification and mitigation
- Support the direction of our site and cascade the business plan and objectives within production, applying the Hoshin Kanri cascading theory
- Lead through a 2-way communication leading to high employee engagement.
- Ensure all employees know their responsibilities, how they contribute to the total result, and that they are recognized for performance
- Contribute to the highest quality product and continually improving.
- Ensure production targets are met.
- Work on long-term planning to meet our production demands and develop future plans consistent with our site strategic vision.
- Participate in the development of our site budgets and objectives.
- Understand and apply the principles of lean manufacturing. Utilize the techniques and methodologies of the Volvo Production System (VPS) to address department issues.
- Ensure the performance and competencies of employees within department, and confirm/implement plans to consistently maintain the skill sets required to respond to the evolving demands of our industry.
- Understand, respect, and fully implement the collective bargaining unit agreements to ensure that organization objectives are met within the framework of the agreements.
Are we a perfect match?
We can’t promise you an effortless job, but what we can promise you some really skilled colleagues and some truly exciting challenges to work with. You will work in an environment that provides you with developmental opportunities both professionally and personally. You will work in a factory making a positive impact on the environment.
We are eager to learn from you and you will get fantastic opportunities to learn and develop with us: when you succeed, we succeed. Together we drive prosperity.
We also offer:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (Earned Time Off) plan
- 401k with matching
- Outstanding, values-driven work culture
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.