- Determining vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
- Correcting vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units
- Verifying vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complying with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications
- Maintaining vehicle records by annotating services and repairs
- A diesel mechanic with Buses, Heavy Duty Trucks or Automotive experience.
- Air conditioning and electrical experience.
- Must be able to prioritize maintenance scheduling and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have own tools.
- Able to read, understand, & apply information from manuals & computer including troubleshooting documents.
- Diagnostic skills/experience & attention to detail a must
- Dependable, responsible team player with a positive attitude
- ASE Truck Certification a PLUS
- Have a clean DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) record
- Must be able to pass drug and background investigations checks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- ASE Truck Certification highly desired.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The transportation industry is transforming at a higher pace than ever before. Very much driven by electromobility, connectivity and digitalization, new business models and opportunities to create value for our customers and society are evolving. If you think this sounds exciting and want to be part of a company committed to take a leading position in this transformation, we have an opportunity for you!
Volvo Buses is one of the world’s leading bus manufacturers, with a strong focus on driving prosperity through transport solutions. The product range includes complete transport solutions, city buses, intercity buses and tourist coaches, as well as services in financing, vehicle servicing, diagnostics, productivity and traffic information. Volvo Buses is part of Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment as well as drive systems for marine and industrial applications.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.