The Volvo truck factory in Ghent is one of the world's biggest factory of the Volvo Group. Every day, our colleagues work together to build trucks of excellent quality. Innovation and continuous improvement are inherited in our daily operations. We believe in Lean Manufacturing, where quality, safety and environmental care are embedded as our top priority. Our site in Ghent today exists of many different departments, but one thing we all have in common: we are passionate about what we do.
This is us, your new colleagues
You are part of the manufacturing engineering organization and within this team you are responsible for creating the metaphorical bridge between the production processes and the IT solutions that support it. In this role you will be the go-to person for a number of different end-users (manufacturing engineers, production operators, etc.) and will be seen as the expert of both the current systems as well as a driver for innovation and new technologies. All with the continuous improvement of our business and factory as the focus point. You discuss all of the aforementioned topics, challenges, improvement proposals as well as future developments in a global team of key users and solution leaders from all across the world.
Do you just love to
- Collect, analyze and help prioritize the end-user change requests towards the developers or solution leaders of the different IT systems
- Help facilitate the introduction of new & innovative solutions to further improve our production process
- Communicate, anchor and help prioritize process improvement proposals at both the local site/organization as well as within the global network
- Provide the solution leaders with information about current, as well as future, business information/changes and communicate potential impacts towards the system side, e.g. increase/ decreased number users, changes of production volumes etc.
- Support the development & implementation of standard process/es and solution(s) at local site/organization
- Participate in acceptance tests (process and solution) to allow easy & smooth implementations into the factory
- Identify, plan and secure training in cooperation required for the business side
- Represent the end-users in user/ reference groups or similar fora
- Bring business knowledge, needs and requirements from all users to the business process developer/solutions leader in process & solution development and improvement activities
- Support the definition of process measurement/s
Are you the one?
- You have a Master/Bachelor’s degree in engineering or have equivalent working experience
- You are fluent in Dutch and English
- You are analytical, self-learning and hands on
- You think out of the box and always look for innovations and improvements
- You have a passion for industry 4.0 and the integration of the connected technologies in a manufacturing environment
- You can translate the end-user requests into technical requirements of the systems
- You have an interest in the automotive industry
- You have knowledge of manufacturing processes. Knowledge of lean manufacturing is a plus
- You have good problem-solving skills and are interested in data analysis
- You have good communication skills
- You are a team player that works well with all levels of the organization (from operators to management team)
A perfect match?
Does tackling process challenges by putting your IT skills and drive for continuous improvement into practice sound like a dream come true? Does system development & roll-out, data analysis, shop-floor oriented problem-solving and continuous improvement represent your ideal day? Do you want to expand your innovative & technological impact from your personal home environment to a world leader in the automotive industry? Are you able to translate the needs of end users into feasible solutions? If so, come and join the team, you will get the autonomy and opportunity to take up the role and become part of the Volvo Group family.
Let's do this!
Are you ready to take the challenge to adapt, improve and implement process-oriented IT solutions in a dynamic truck factory? Apply via our website or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring Manager: Tim De Jonghe
HRBP: Eveline Vastmans
SG 3 entry level, 4 experienced level
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.