Within the area of Core Technology Embedded Electronic Systems, we are looking for a person to work with the development of the application software and have the drive and the passion to contribute to great teamwork to meet future challenges.
In our department, we develop and maintain the base software and common functions (Software Platforms) which is used in a majority of Volvo CE products such as for example Wheel loaders, Haulers, Excavators and Pavers. We also support in developing application software for the different product platforms, configure and integrate the platform software to produce complete node software.
The software platforms are written in C and C++ and some part is generated from script tool as Python. The platforms are used by our Product Platform (e.g. Wheel-Loaders, Haulers) to run application software which is mainly developed using C/C++ and/or with model based tool such as Rubus ICE and Matlab/Simulink.
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey
We believe you have the right mindset that will make a difference within our organization. If you see yourself working in an environment that challenges you to combine your programing skills with a more people and team based attitude, then we believe you have the right attitude to be successful in this position.
- Create and refine software requirements & design
- Develop new application features (Using C, C++ code and Python scripts)
- Update and maintain the application software for new features or field issues.
- Implement and test new functions in the platform
- Perform integration of software modules
- Produce relevant software module documentation.
- Perform unit testing to meet safety compliances
- Participate in peer reviews for software documents such as requirements, design, and test plan and, Code reviews, etc.
- BE/M.tech in Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
- 4-7 years’ experience in the embedded application software development area.
- Skilled in C, C++, Python.
- Working experience in Automotive/construction industry.
- Knowledge on Microcontrollers, CAN and UDS 14229
- Exposure to tools debuggers, CANalyzer, CANoe, QAC, PC Lint/Klocwork & Cantata/Google test
- Basic Knowledge on System modelling & UML
- Version Management, Source control and Continuous Integration using GIT, bit bucket, Artifactory, Jira & Jenkins
- Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Group Manager: Mohammed Rafiq, Software Development Group
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.