With over 150 dedicated and highly skilled IT professionals located in Ghent (Oostakker), Group IT Belgium supports its customers to be best in class in the Truck business. Both the distribution center and the trucks assembly factory situated in Ghent are the largest ones to be part of the Volvo Group organization globally, offering endless opportunities to further develop your technical and personal competencies. For the biggest part however, Group IT Belgium is fully integrated in the global Group IT organization, allowing you to support and develop global solutions and deliveries for all the different business areas and brands of the Group in every corner of the world.
Solution Center Service Market Logistics is a function in M&L Solutions managing the IT solutions used by GTO Service Market Logistics (SML). They are responsible for spare parts availability for all Volvo Group brands and Business Areas.
The Solution Center has the full responsibility for runtime (cost, quality of service) and for the delivery of projects. It is supporting roadmap design and long term planning in its area. It is responsible for driving deliveries according to the agenda agreed with GTO SML Digitalization & IT.
The Supply Central team in SC SML is responsible for IT deliveries to SML in general, and to the Central Warehouse Ghent specifically, like the Warehouse Management Systems and a set of local applications that support critical warehouse processes.
The team consists of Solution Leaders and Solution Experts, Delivery Manager and Delivery Leaders, Software and Solution Architects and Business Analysts.
We are now looking for a Solution Architect
You will be part of the team in Ghent and report to the Delivery Manager Supply Central.
Your role as a Solution Architect
As Software Architect, you will be responsible for the solution design, development, maintenance, integration and support of such (local) solutions for the SML-organization, and specifically for the SML Central Delivery Center in Ghent.
The Warehouse in Ghent uses ‘backbone’-solutions (on mainframe, SAP, and other platforms), and many local applications (for Voice Directed Picking, Forklift Fleet Management, AGV’s etc, in house developed or purchased, primarily on Windows-environments).
You will be interacting with the business stakeholders in SML, with the solution management and with the IT-support functions in Group IT, for the solutions that support the Central Warehouse Ghent.
You will develop yourself into an ‘automation architect for warehouse operations’, starting from hands-on development activities, and growing your know-how and experience step-by-step.
Design of new IT Solutions, primarily for the Ghent SML-organization, and participate in building and/or integrating these solutions (which are in house developed or purchased)
Play an active role in the entire life cycle of the solutions; that includes
- Participate in projects to implement new solutions
- Act as business analyst, systemdesigner, (lead) developer, application DBA or tester as required, primarily in a Windows/.Net-environment
- Cooperate with our stakeholders in Infrastructure delivery
- Maintain solution documentation
- Provide business support for the portfolio of applications
- Participate in continuous improvement of the solutions (in terms of business process support, compliance with the corporate framework for master data and information model, application performance, stability and robustness)
- Contribute to defining and detailing change requests for the solutions
- Become an expert about the SML Ghent application-portfolio and the interfaces to the ‘backbone’- solutions, as well as to the automated devices on the shopfloor (AGV’s, automated storage devices, scanners etc.)
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equal through experience
- Strong intrest in Logistics, Supply Chain and industrial technology; experience with warehouse operations is a plus, but you should be eager to learn about warehouse processes, ERP-functionality etc. so you can build a good understanding of both business and IT, allowing you to actively use IT to support the business.
- Complete proficiency in Dutch and English is a requirement (speaking and writing)
- Ability to understand how business processes, solutions and interfaces are connected
- Ability to quickly become a professional .Net-developer
- Ability to work in a project-structure, i.e. people can count on you and on your deliveries
- Good communication skills (in speaking and writing, for technical documentation but also for user-training, and for international cooperation with peers)
- Demonstrate a good ability to network and teamwork
- Be target oriented
- Be eager to understand the bigger picture
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an interesting, global environment (with contacts in Belgium, Sweden, France, India…) giving opportunities to develop both professionally and personally.
You will be a key player to develop, implement and support the Central Warehouse IT-solutions, and you will work closely with the warehouse operations. You will get regular opportunities for training and education, and you will be stimulated to develop yourself continuously, through class-room or virtual trainings as well as self-study and on-the-job training. You will work from our offices in Ghent, in a traffic free environment with the possibility to work hybrid (max 50 %).
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.