Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
The purpose of this position is to lead the pricing strategy for Mack New Trucks for US and Canada markets. This includes reviewing and/or restructuring current offered truck options and developing new list prices for new product offerings. This position also oversees the portfolio positioning, price optimization initiatives, and competitive intelligence to ensure our market competitiveness and support revenue and profit goals.
- Release price books for dealers and manage dealer and field sales inquiries on published pricing.
- Establish and maintain published and unpublished option pricing to ensure competitive list prices and adequate margins.
- Monitor an efficient pricing competitive intelligence process in US and Canada to ensure the competitiveness of Mack brands on the markets.
- Establish Base Vehicle Specification (BVS) cost for all models on an annual basis.
- Provide a high level of analytics to facilitate pricing decisions including ad’hoc analytics for Sales/Marketing that inform list pricing. Provide detailed analysis on product margins. Identify areas within product groups to achieve required price realization and find price optimization opportunities.
- Participate and lead cross functional efforts to release new portfolio content into the sales tool, focusing on customer centric results
- Responsible for the maintenance and data entry of pricing information into the truck configurator database
- Input the IT roadmap for new pricing systems and pricing systems enhancements. Ensure system plans support global strategies and pricing vision.
- Management / Leadership: -Manage / Develop / Coach Strategic Price Specialist and Cost Specialist. Ability to drive change management.
- 8 Core competencies – see below
- Basic business and financial principles.
- Thorough understanding of price and margin calculations.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to develop and comprehend complex hierarchy of information and data flows.
- Thorough understanding of databases and database management. Strong interest in systems and system connections.
- Strong ability to operate at operational/analytic level as well as at strategic level
- The ability to provide technical solutions and facilitate problem solving in a group setting.
- Thorough understanding of dealer distribution network and heavy duty truck components
- Ability to evolve in a team, voice opinion.
- Strong PC skills, especially with Microsoft Office products
- Experience using BI tools such as Qlikview or PowerBI preferred
- Problem solving
- Drive for results / Perseverance
- Innovation management / Creativity
- Priority setting
- Developing direct reports and others / Delegation
- Functional / Technical skills
- Informing / Written communications
- Customer focus
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management (or comparable)
- MBA preferred
- Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- >5 years Industry Experience
- Previous experience leading a team preferred
- Comfort with a fast paced, always-on global environment
Occasional travel required
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.