If you would like to join an exciting and challenging position as a member of the Southern Africa Volvo Group Business Control team, then this may be the position for you. We’re looking for someone who can proactively support the business to reach their strategic and financial objectives. You will have a key role in driving and tracking financial performance as we aim to extend and grow the business.
This job is a support function, you will manage the Business Controller role and provide detailed controlling and act as a business partner and co-driver to the business.
Reporting: This position will report to the CFO
- Manage and support all controlling related revenue and expense reporting, ensuring proactive control, accuracy, predictability and timely delivery of results, analysis and forecasts.
- Ensure that all local and corporate reporting for the business is completed accurate and in a timely manner in close co-operation with Financial Control and Accounting (FCA) as well as the Business Control team in Volvo Trucks International.
- Support the business to achieve financial targets through in-depth analysis and sharing of financial knowledge.
- Drive credit management processes in close co-operation with the FCA team.
- Ensure compliance with laws, policies and standards incl. Business Manual, Financial Policies and Procedures (FPP), Authorization Matrix etc. and provide support during external and internal audits.
- Drive process, control and system improvements and challenge inefficiencies.
- Analyze completeness and accuracy related to commercial provisions and support the documentation of these provisions in accordance with the FPP.
- Be a business partner and contribute to continous improvement.
- Prepare risk assessments and work pro-actively.
- Provide financial guidance to stakeholders.
- Participate in projects to drive progress.
- Liase with other Finance colleagues for decision making, analysis, reporting and consolidation.
- Analysis of capital expenditure with focus on balance sheet and cash flow.
The successful candidate will have the ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed. Willingness to participate in a short-term assignment at another Volvo site. Participate and drive new technology as an important role with automation and artificial intelligence.
With this you will constantly:
- Perform current work
- Develop the work
- Develop yourself
- Develop the team
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Finance and Economics or similar is required (Higher degree wil be an advantage)
- Qualified Accountant (Advantage)
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Management accounting experience.
- Proven experience in a finance role in a similar sized organisation would be preferable
Key Competencies :
- Interpersonal skills – team player with excellent communication skills who is able to work with various departments across the organization.
- Quality – driven by service and continuous improvement mind-set to enhance the quality of deliverables in terms of accuracy, timeliness and in accordance with policies, guidelines and best practices.
- Agility – the ability to prioritize, monitor and control operations in a climate of change and to work under pressure.
- Initiative and responsibility – ability to work on own initiatives and to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and driving change.
- IT skills – an interest for IT, strong systems skills and experience as well as knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office especially Excel, etc. Smart view knowledge is a plus.
- Analytical thinking – ability to understand, structure and think through implementable solutions to business-related problems. Interpret data, draw conclusions and provide guidance by balancing strong commercial acumen with a risk and control mind-set.
Volvo Group Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.