Would you like to be leading the development of simulation tools and methods, working to validate future chassis solutions including electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and collaborative atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled colleagues to learn and share knowledge? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?
If you answered yes, then we have the role for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Chassis Structure Simulation is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We are responsible for developing tools and methods to lead the virtual validation of chassis structure and components for the entire Mack and Volvo conventional truck product line.
The Chassis Structure Simulation team continuously collaborates with Testing teams, Design teams and Global counter parts for validating and industrializing the designed components.
What You Will be Doing
In this role, you will be responsible for the virtual validation of all NA Chassis specific structures and components, with limited direction and supervision but will interact significantly within the department. Maintaining our brand reputation is crucial, and this position serves that mission by assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations ((FMVSS, FMCSR, EPA, etc.) relating to your area of responsibility.
The Lead Simulation Engineer for the chassis structures area will provide professional expertise within our major projects. In this role you will develop, coordinate, and perform complex engineering tasks. In addition to leading the development of simulation tools and methods you will also develop the virtual validation plan.
You will be responsible for:
- Acting as the go-to person and technical expert
- Performing complex simulations/analyses
- Planning and leading simulation/analysis activities
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of quality assured calculation models and results
- Supporting project and design engineers in concept selections in early phases and design evaluations
- Participating in projects to define where to perform which simulations/analyses
- Managing networks across the organization and possibly globally
- Training and mentoring less experienced Simulation & Analysis Engineers locally and possibly globally
- Delivering component models and demonstrate fidelity based on test results, instructions or other data
- Planning and leading method and tool development locally and possibly globally.
What We Are Looking For
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering PhD. preferred
- 8-12+ years of simulation in a product development environment, preferably in class 8 heavy duty truck development
- Working knowledge of Hypermesh, ANSA, Nastran, and Ncode
- Automotive experience a plus
- Experience with CAD (PTC Creo preferred)
- The ability to work in cross-functional teams to communicate and agree on the designs for assembly, cost, sourcing and aftermarket servicing
- Project management experience is a merit, as is excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.