Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity leads electrical engineering solutions and product development of complete vehicles for Volvo Trucks & Mack Trucks and are accountable for the owning the Electrical System. We are a high performing, professional team of electrical engineers who have product development as our home turf. We are seeking a leader that has a desire to work with people, has team spirit combined with courage, high integrity, and a strong drive to deliver results.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
You will be responsible for:
- Securing project and maintenance deliveries from the area of responsibility in respect to committed QDCF targets
- Leading engineering resources to manage projects and maintenance activities
- Coordinating Design, Verification and Validation activities between local and global engineering groups
- Managing electrical engineering deliveries from Embedded systems, packaging, wiring, test, and verification groups
- Securing the products are developed in line with applicable technology strategies. according to stipulated processes, methods, and tools
- Monitoring the product quality and cost situation for projects and initiate actions in dialogue with the product quality and cost organization
- Participating in and contribute to applicable project control groups
- Working with the engineering line organization and other cross-functional stakeholders (such as purchasing, aftermarket, production, and sales) to define deliverables for respective groups
- Defining and securing project budget estimates and resources to support the deliveries
- Working with global teams within GTT to make sure that projects are properly coordinated and staffed
- Ensuring that clear requirements and deliverables are established for each department according to global development process GDP
- Assuring compliance with all applicable vehicle regulations
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- Engineering development experience from electrical, electronics and/or software development in the Automotive or Trucking industry
- PMP and/or Safe certification or corresponding project management certification is a strong merit
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading complex product development projects or Epics as Project Manager, Epic owner or similar
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in vehicle electronics and/or powertrain development is a very strong merit
- Knowledge about Truck application and customer usage is a plus
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.