The primary purpose of this position is to translate Design Requirements into Manufacturing Build Instructions and the allocation of components into the Production System to support Special Order (Customer Adaptations) requirements.
* This position is being offered on a two year contract.
About the role:
- Verification of manufacturing feasibility, support tooling requirements during Customer Adaptation sign off process.
- Key member of cross functional team for design reviews of complex S-Notes.
- Analyse and prepare product data documentation in order to quality assure the data transferred to the Factory Production System.
- Maintain KPI’s – develop action plans if required.
- Identification of operator training requirements
- Development of process and layout changes to support high volume S-Notes.
- Update and maintain assembly instructions for Production in regards to S-Note
- Estimate assembly times for S-Note related tasks;
- Raise and follow up on BOM/design issues found during S-note preparation;
- Create visual aids and illustrations to support CA changes:
- Review of 3D models to identify assembly process issues/design clashes;
- Verification of punch data and hole groups
- Assist the Customer Adaptation Manager with various activities as required.
- Degree or Associate Diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering.
- At least 5 years Engineering experience.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, MS-Project, MS-Powerpoint, Auto Cad and Microsoft Excel)
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing operations & strategies.
- Good time management and project management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a Cross Functional Team approach to the role.
- Good organisational skills – ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate at all levels including the preparation of Powerpoint presentations.
- SPRINT, FCS knowledge is desirable.
- Salary circa $90K - $100K plus superannuation
- Career development with Global prospects
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- Onsite canteen.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.