Purpose of the Position:
The Trade Compliance internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to promote the graduate’s career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Group Logistics Services by working on projects for the Customs and Trade Governance Americas group. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group Logistics Services.
The internship position is for the Summer of 2022, and the specific workdays and hours will be flexible, but agreed upon with the hiring manager.
- During the internship, the student will remain engaged and fully supportive of NA CTEC’s, strategic objectives
- Successfully complete scheduled training regarding basic importing, exporting, and compliance topics
- Assist NA CTEC, Master Data with any necessary projects
- Assist NA CTEC, Development with relevant projects and research
- Assist NA CTEC, Compliance Control with related post entry audits, export audits, and related projects
- Weekly Writing Assignments: Brief written summaries of the learning experiences and project updates will be required
- Project Presentations: Formal project presentations may be required to be presented to peers, management, and senior leaders within the organization
- Performance Feedback: Throughout the entire experience, the manager will provide verbal and written feedback on work performance. At the end of the internship, each intern will be given a formal written evaluation based on their work performance
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business Administration, International Business / Studies, or a related field, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants should be interested in pursuing a professional career in International Business with a specific interest in Importing, Exporting, or Trade Compliance.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Applicants should be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Effective professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer Service
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
This internship will require 40 hours per week from May 16, 2022 through August 12, 2022
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.