Key Responsibilities are:
- Perform calculation and simulation on powertrain components and systems.
- To define loads and boundary conditions for components/systems
- To be able to mesh components with required quality.
- Virtually verify components/systems
- Support design teams with technical know-how.
- To be proactive in the global network between CAE groups within PE to share knowledge and method development needs/progress.
- To write technical report and provide results of FEA study for input in Technical requirement, knowledge management systems, methods guideline and for technical solutions.
- To understand and apply new methods regarding calculation models, algorithms, simulation, and calculation software on projects
- Contribute in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) as a theoretical expert
- Participate in FMEA activity
- Establish correlation activities to verify the FEA models
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
You have experience from the automotive industry with great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.
Required skills and experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate or Post-graduate or equivalent education.
- 4-5 years of experience in Fatigue analysis, Vibration analysis, Static analysis. Preferably in Powertrain domain.
- Software skill required: Ansys /Abaqus, ANSA
- Knowledge on optimization, python coding and Matlab are preferable
- Good understanding of Powertrain technology, materials knowledge, awareness of powertrain parts and accessories.
- Strong commitment to deliver on time with consistent and strict adherence to quality.
- Be independent, pro-active and continuously strive to improve.
- Good in presentation and communication skills.
Powertrain Engineering Bangalore is a group in new Avatar that will work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions for propulsion system or subsystem, delivering value for end customers with applications spread across Trucks, busses, trucks, construction equipment and marine. The group belongs to Powertrain Engineering.
Powertrain is one of the main development areas within Volvo AB. It was established and was created to be in the forefront of environment friendly transport solutions for a more sustainable tomorrow.
In the Powertrain team, we are working in a cross-functional set up from system/function design & development, software integration and calibration to verification of our features in products.
Previous experience of working within powertrain domain is a must.
We believe teamwork and collaboration is the foundation for great products and an attractive workplace. Therefore, we work in an agile SAFe inspired way where everyone is part of a scrum team of 5-8 colleagues with complementary skills committed to a common purpose. Every team plans their own work and deliver solutions together as a team.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.