Modules Development team is responsible for delivering and introduction of design solutions for the bus main structure components. To be more precise designing of metal and plastic parts within the work frame structure, front and rear of bus and roof module as well. The team consists of experienced engineers working with various projects and with specific customers’ adaptations. Being a part of the Engineering Department gives you the opportunity to close cooperation with almost 100 experienced engineers. And since we are located close to the production line you have a great opportunity to see and verify your design on real buses.
If you are interested in the above - come and join us!
What we offer YOU?
• Working on development of key products for Volvo Buses with a focus on hybrid and electric vehicles
• Daily connection with the production line and products you will be developing
• Global development opportunities: you will be working with colleagues from other Volvo Buses units
• Collaborative environment based on Swedish organizational culture
• Wide development opportunities: internal and external trainings, mentoring, coaching programs
• Our work is performed in cross-functional projects, so you will have really skilled colleagues and some truly exciting challenges to work with
• Work-life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
• Free of charge, private healthcare (Medicover) with dedicated medical facility available also onsite
• A modern campus with a large parking area (both for bicycles and cars)
What would be your responsibilities?
• Participation in development projects of city/intercity buses
• Effective product development in planned budget and lead time in the area of technical solution to assure customer satisfaction and competitiveness in the market
• Verification and validation of developed solutions from the design, legal, quality and costs point of view
• Securing the compliance of production process and design requirements
• Creating 3D and 2D design documentation in Catia V5
• Cross functional cooperation within company and with Volvo suppliers (plastic components)
• Participation in the preparation and implementation of the organizational business plan
Who are you?
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a design engineer in the competences described below
• Experience in the automotive industry (especially in the bus business)
• Experience in design and technology of plastic parts (knowledge of GRP, ABS, polyurethane materials)
• Knowledge of Catia V5 (knowledge of 3D surfaces is a must)
• Knowledge of Polish on an advanced level is a must
• Knowledge of English on communicative level
• Own initiative in searching for alternative solutions and self-education
• Ability of analytical and conceptual thinking
• Ability to manage problems under time pressure
• Knowledge of production processes would be an asset
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The transportation industry is transforming at a higher pace than ever before. Very much driven by electromobility, connectivity and digitalization, new business models and opportunities to create value for our customers and society are evolving. If you think this sounds exciting and want to be part of a company committed to take a leading position in this transformation, we have an opportunity for you!
Volvo Buses is one of the world’s leading bus manufacturers, with a strong focus on driving prosperity through transport solutions. The product range includes complete transport solutions, city buses, intercity buses and tourist coaches, as well as services in financing, vehicle servicing, diagnostics, productivity and traffic information. Volvo Buses is part of Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses and construction equipment as well as drive systems for marine and industrial applications.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.