As a Senior Project and Commodity Buyer for Semiconductors Electronics, you will be part of the Electronics team, however the scope of semiconductors spread into many different areas of our organization and your network will be extensive. You will be the sourcing specialist for semiconductors within our global organization, both driving sourcing cases as well as support other buyers as an expert, always with accountability of the QDCFTSR(Quality/Delivery/Cost/Feature/Technology/Sustainability/Risk).
You will be accountable for the current business scope on semiconductors. The role includes responsibility to maintain and develop the relationship with our supplier base as well as building business intelligence in semiconductor area. Your work will be key to build the future semiconductor strategy. You will work cross functionally and interact with all different level in the organization.
- Manage projects connected to semiconductors, from innovation project to obsolescence.
- Manage the current semiconductor business from QDCF-TSR point of view (QualityDeliveryCostFeatureTechnologySustainabilityRisk).
- Drive the development of the sourcing process to include semiconductor ecosystem.
- Identify micro and macro trends and transforming it to business intelligence for the organization.
- Conduct negotiation and selection of strategic component from sub tier level.
- Build and maintain relationship with semiconductor vendor, distributor and sub tier level supplier.
- Secure implementation of semiconductor strategy in projects.
- Identify potential business opportunities and collaboration areas with our supplier base.
- Contribute to the semiconductor purchasing strategy.
- Contribute to the development and deployment of mitigation processes to secure semiconductor supply chain resilience.
- Together with cross functional team, develop the semiconductor expertise in the VOLVO group
- Extensive purchasing experience, preferably in direct connection to semiconductors and/or the automotive industry,
- Problem solver with an agile way of working
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Strong communication skills from operational to executive level
- Relationship and network builder – internal and external
- Fast learner – with a curious mindset
- The ability to have a holistic view as well as deep diving on topics
- Business acumen and strategic mindset.
- Ability of being a strong team player in parallel of driving topics independently.
- University degree, preferably in engineering or business.
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mindset is a must. We also think that you are result oriented and like doing business.
- We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills
For more information please contact:
Fredrik Nylund, Manager Electronics Purchasing, +46 31 3222296
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
Vi vill lära känna dig
Resan har startat! Du kommer att motta en bekräftelse via email så snart du har skickat din ansökan. Du kan fortsatt uppdatera din personliga profil genom att logga in på ditt konto. Det rekryterande teamet kommer nu att titta på din ansökan tillsammans med den rekryterande chefen. Utvalda kandidater kommer därefter att kontaktas med information om nästa steg.