The Electromobility organization make technology impact for future generations! Do you want to join us in this journey? Together we will make Volvo Group the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world. The Electromobility organization work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions for complete electric propulsion system and to deliver end customer value for Volvo business units such as Volvo Energy, Volvo Bus, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction equipment, and Volvo Penta. Electromobility is one of the main strategic areas within Volvo Group aiming at creating a more sustainable tomorrow. For the transport industry and for the Volvo Group, this means that we need to decarbonize transport. Our Important Mission
Verification, Analytics, Simulation & Safety (VASS) is an organization with the mission to deliver best in class virtual & physical electromobility test & verification to support data driven culture and up- stream design, enable uptime and productivity services for our customers, and secure the electric driveline safety of Volvo Group. The Virtual Product Development & Digital Services (VPD&DS) department within VASS is responsible for understanding customer usage and performance of our products and for providing our solutions throughout entire product life cycle, from idea investigation and concept evaluation to industrialization and to aftermarket and maintenance! The department focus on upstream design by system simulation, fact-based decision by data analytics and enabling more services for customer uptime and productivity. There is a close collaboration with product and technology owners as well as with Business areas.Your Important Mission
As the Technology and Strategy Leader, you will lead and develop strategic roadmaps and cutting-edge technology together with team. You will report to the Director VPD&DS within the Electromobility GTT and thereby be a key player in the management team. Here you will have a big impact on developing the Virtual Product Development & Digital Services setup of the future. In your important mission you will:
To make this a success
- be a member of the VPD&DS management team in which you will contribute to the overall electromobility VPD&DS strategy
- drive for data driven product development and digitalization for innovation
- drive change through innovative technical solutions to enable an efficient product development and to support customers
- harmonize a technical roadmap with system chief engineers in Electromobility department
- harmonize a high level first estimate of effort needed for product modifications in the VPD&DS area
- act as a technical mentor for the department
- work in close collaboration with electromobility product owners and with Business areas.
We are looking for a forward thinking, passionate and inspirational leader who will engage the team and colleagues to accelerate the VPD&DS area. If you have a strong drive, like to develop, and be developed, this will be a job opportunity that fits you well. As a person we believe that you have a can-do attitude, act with a sense of urgency and have a result-oriented mindset, which will help you to take on challenging work assignments in a successful way. In addition, you are excellent in change management and have a solid track record of going from idea to implementation. You work in a structured and pragmatic way to solve problems, without getting stuck in details. Most of all you are a team player, and your strong leadership, collaboration, communication, and soft skills will be of great value for us.Qualifications
- Experience – Education
- MSc. In Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, business administration, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- Certification within Business Change Management and/or workshop facilitation (preferred)
- Experience – Work
- 10+ years, where of at least 5 years’ experience in management from project or line positions in a digital role
- Data Sciences overall understanding
- Experience from business development, change management, business intelligence, strategy development, continuous improvement
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and initiatives on various levels in an international environment
- Ability to orchestrate workshops and synthesize points of view from senior leaders or experts in real-time and drive a group towards conclusions
- Fully proficient in leading continuous improvements and change management related tools and techniques
- Creative problem solving; applying critical thinking and analytical skills to assess and frame vague or conceptual problems
- Excellent communication skills in English - both spoken and written, with strong presentation and business writing skills on executive level.
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
- Collaborate: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others
- Self-Development: Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experiences, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles. Recognizes when a quick 80% solution will suffice
- Business Insight (ensure owners mentality): Knows how businesses work and how organizations make money. Keeps up with current and possible future policies, practices, and trends in the organization, with the competition, and in the marketplace. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies and tactics play out in the market to guide actions.
- Personal Attributes
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas
- Curiosity: tackle problems in a novel way
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization
- Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best
- Positive and confident personality without prestige
Get in touch if you have any questions! Jae Lee, Director VPD & DS, firstname.lastname@example.orgAll applications will be reviewed from the 15th August, due to the Swedish summer vacation period. Please do not expect any communication earlier than this. We look forward to receiving your application!
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.