Welcome to Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America.
Our team is part of the Combustion and after-treatment technology. We provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution of complete products, for all Volvo group customers. Responsibilities include calibration of engine performance and emissions control systems to comply with EPA and CARB regulations. We also develop on board diagnostic (OBD) algorithms of powertrain systems and hardware Development. This position will allow you to spend time in engine test cells, chassis dynamometer and on-road vehicle testing.
We work here with pride and fun, valuing team spirit, work-life balance, people development, challenges, and innovation. The overall goal is to produce aftertreatment systems which are emissions compliant while offering minimal mission interruptions and maximum product value to our customers.
You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering.
You will report to the Group Manager of the Aftertreatment engineering team.Some examples of typical responsibilities in our group include:
- Operating world-class heavy-duty engine dynamometer test cells. Being responsible for efficiently and accurately executing test procedures while concurrently reviewing testing results to ensure reliability of data
- Directing, developing, and evaluating plans for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out with Volvo colleagues and external suppliers across the globe
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to understand the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required
- Taking responsibility on type of testing, arranging for and conducting tests and interpreting results. Performing calculations using the latest analytical methods in support of test and design. Issuing written and oral reports
- Releasing upgrades and evolutions of the Exhaust Aftertreatment system hardware
- Support diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particulate filter (DPF), selective catalytic reduction (SCR) ammonia slip catalyst (ASC), and other related technologies
Domestic and international travel may be required. Profile
You will be expected to perform a variety of tasks in a highly technical environment as part of a team.
Our teams are hardworking, and members are supportive of each other. In order to complement your colleagues, you will need to exhibit characteristics such as:
Basic Qualifications of a successful candidate include:
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among departments, based on integrity and trust, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Ownership/Accountability: Cooperation with others in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business, and professional fields
Preferred Qualifications of a successful candidate include:
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3-8+ years of experience engineering/ engine development or exhaust aftertreatment development
- Heavy or medium duty diesel engine development a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Action oriented with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Motivated to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Authorized to work in the United States required
If you feel a genuine interest into engine technology or exhaust aftertreatment technology, if you value fun, curiosity, autonomy, hard work and rigor, if working with different cultures and being part of a cohesive team is what you are looking for, send us your application!
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report
- Solid understanding of system/component design