Are you engaged in your work, results-oriented, professional in everything you do, and prepared to go that extra mile? Does the opportunity in being a part of a creative design team delivering design sustainable solutions for a sustainable future excites you? Do you enjoy strategic planning and problem solving?
If so, Volvo Group Design North America has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager Design to join the team in Greensboro, NC! Who We Are
Our team, Volvo Group Design creates superior customer value by designing appealing products with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. Volvo Group Design expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Gothenburg, Greensboro, and Lyon.
What You Will be Doing
- We are responsible for all Design deliveries of products and services
- We are accountable to drive and deliver innovative solutions, taking full responsibility of the products and services we design
- We utilize Volvo Group Design global network and Common Architecture and Shared Technology system to maximize the output of our products and services
- We work together and support our regional value chain with Design Strategies enhancing brand ambitions
As a Senior Project Manager in Design, you will own and oversee major assigned projects with input from the Site Director and Designs Directors. You will be responsible to secure Design Key deliverables such as DSM deliveries, leading communication across the Studio and cross functionally with PMT and engineering teams.
As Senior PM Design you will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Being an inspiring PM, having a positive attitude and having a passion for problem solving and secure Volvo Group Design deliver our project commitments.
- Supporting Studio Design reviews and technical discussions to make the right decisions.
- Driving Continuous Improvement activities with the objective to always enhance our way of working and deliver on time.
- Coordinating cross-functionally with counterparts in other departments to facilitate and meet project time plans.
- Delivering project activities on time and according to budget.
- Developing, Owning and tracking Studio Project Time plans including all design deliverables.
- Acting as a member of PMT management team, representing Volvo Group Design.
- Representing Volvo Group Design North America in local and global Project meetings
- Supporting general Studio Project support needs (Gemba’s, Design reviews, layouts, etc.)
You are an experienced and inspiring Project Manager passionate about Design.
As the successful candidate, you have 8+ years of Project Management experience. You have an excellent understanding of Design Process E2E in Transportation Industry. You constantly develop, take ownership and accountability for the projects you Own. You can both master the overall status of your scope and be on top of details for specific cases when required. You always strive to deliver on time with the highest quality.
You have a strong ability to form trustful and cross-functional relations both within and outside of the department.
You enjoy working as PM and have eagerness to develop solutions and ideas through cross-functional collaboration. You have a strategic, continuous improvement mindset and a desire to positively foster Design Thinking and teamwork.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or equivalent.
- Proven experience in leading projects and product changes from start to end
- Strong drive to constantly develop and ability to get things done.
- Ability to interpret and communicate business and design related requirements into project plans.
- Ability to summarize complex topics in a sharp way and excellent skills in communication and building networks.
- Results oriented, ability to work on cross functional teams and confronts issues proactively.
- Fully proficient in Vehicle Product knowledge, Project management skills and Risk management.
- Design know-how experience
- Experience managing requirements, deliverables, and milestones on time, within budget and meeting business needs.
Are you ready to join our creative and passionate team and shape tomorrow's society together with us?
- Great work life balance including generous paid time off benefits
- Competitive base salary as well as eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package
- Excellent 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program