Are you a passionate engineer and leader with strong interest quality? Do you want join us developing new solutions for Vehicle Electronics, Electromobility, Automation and Connectivity for Volvo Group in North America?
Perfect, here’s a great opportunity coming your way! Our team is seeking a Quality Manager
to join us in Greensboro, NC. Who are we?
The Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department in Greensboro develops, integrates and verifies solutions for Volvo and Mack Trucks. We lead the engineering work and have full product ownership of our electrical architecture and systems solutions on our vehicles. We manage driver electronics and infotainment, vehicle electronics and safety, power management and wire harnesses from concept to industrialization. We develop new solutions and maintain these in close cooperation with technology teams and our suppliers in a truly global environment.
We are on an exciting journey and to meet our challenges, we are in search of a passionate project manager who want to lead quality improvements in our department.About the job
As a Project Manager Quality, you will lead proactive and reactive quality work.
You will be responsible for finding and implementing solutions by understanding customer, market, finance, business, and technology requirements. You need a holistic view of the quality tools and processes. You will collaborate with the cross-functional teams to improve quality of the product and address customer issues in a timely manner.Proactive Quality:
- Support engineering teams with FMEA, DFMEA, DFA and PFMEA
- Support teams to perform QTP activities at the right stages in the development process.
- Provide reporting of the QTP status, escalation of issues and support needs.
- Lead Quality Improvement projects (QJ’s and Q-PMR’s) with proper action plan and follow up.
- Identify root cause and propose solutions through deep dive in problem solving using various tools (fishbone, 5WHY)
- Connect with development team on other sites to set priority for each PI cadence
- You will lead engineers and other stakeholders to find resolutions to quality issues
- You will represent Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity department in different meetings and provide status reports
You will report to the Engineering Manager for our Project Management & Quality office.Who are you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience in engineering and/or project management.
- OEM Experience within commercial vehicles or heavy industrial equipment.
- Significant Experience with FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA and DFA Quality tools.
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma.
- Experience in Structured Problem Solving (8D)
- Good awareness in SAFe Agile, SCRUM and KANBAN WoW.
- Knowledge of Basic/Advanced Statistics and Kaizen
- Experience from Agile Development and (SAFe Agile) is a merit
- Good communication skills, verbally and written
- Ability to travel, as needed
What can we offer you?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within the Volvo Group. You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products. Teamwork, energy, passion, and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
At Volvo Group Trucks Technology, we are actively working to establish groups that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality, etc.