The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offers.
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
The department of Emission Compliance Maintenance is now looking for a Technical Documentation Engineer.About us
The Emission Compliance Maintenance department is responsible for securing diesel- and noise emission certificate compliance globally. The team is working with emission compliance for Engine Labels, CoP coordination, PEMS, Software Documentation, Product Changes, DCN & QJ handling, and Certificate Updates. We have a broad contact network both internally in the Volvo Group and externally. We are currently 10 engaged team members working in Emission Compliance Maintenance.Position description
Are you passionate about sustainability and environmental issues? Does the complexity of global products, fulfilling several emission regulations, sound like an exciting challenge to you? Do you appreciate working together with a team of competent colleagues in a stimulating international environment? If so, you might be the one we are searching for!
As a Technical Documentation Engineer, you will cover all Volvo Penta marine and industry diesel engines, focusing on the mechatronic systems, with the responsibility to document our engine software control strategies for authority approval.
The work requires a deep understanding of the engine’s software control and the ability to describe this in a correct, logical, and understandable way. Contact with authorities will be required to explain the documentation.Core responsibilities
Desirable Experience and qualifications
- Learning and understanding the complexity of our evolving mechatronic system; how the software controls the engines and being able to explain our mechatronic systems pedagogically.
- Authoring software documentation for all Volvo Penta’s engine certifications and all jurisdictions (US, EU, India, China, Korea, Japan).
- Supporting our certification engineers with the software documentation required for each engine certification, including yearly renewals of past engine certifications (carryovers).
- Coordinating our software documentation strategy with our regulation engineers and ensuring we are compliant.
- Align the documentation detail level and content with other AB Volvo Companies.
- Cross-functional teamwork with other technical writers and R&D engineers, proactively preparing and responding to upcoming challenges.
- Correspondence with the authorities, clarifying our documentation approach and answering questions.
- Ongoing improvements to documentation, methods, and tools.
For more information, please contact:
- Master of Science degree or similar level of education.
- Technical writing experience and skills.
- Knowledge of diesel engines and emissions.
- Knowledge of engine software control systems.
- Fluent in English is a minimum. Good Swedish is desired. Other language skills are welcome.
Jonas Holmberg, Manager Emission Compliance Maintenance, +46 31 3227731, email@example.com
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.