Senior Architect API team– Volvo Group Connected Solutions
Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of the
Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tag-line. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large. This is us, your new colleagues
Consumer Services at Volvo Group Connected Solutions is responsible for the end user services, from idea to development and operation. Together with our partners and customers we create value through fantastic user experience and business enhancing services and products.
We are now looking for a Senior Architect to join our API product team, which is part of the Digital Channels and Enablers together with the Developer Portal and Framework teams.
As a person, you are a team player with a positive mindset, you know the various challenges of application development and delivery of related services. You have a passion being the architectural leader for your DevOps team and is a good collaborator with other peers within or near your area. A customer-oriented attitude is in your nature, you know how to elaborate and balance stakeholder requirements to ensure a high-quality delivery, allow yourself to be inspired, have a “can do” attitude and take pride in your work.The role
In order to deliver meaningful business outcomes and gain customer's success, we align our APIs with our business and user goals delivering our API products.
You will be working with the API product team, a dedicated API DevOps team with a consumer-centric mindset. In this role, you will be working very closely to the Developer Portal team, our Enterprise Architects, our Product teams, and our different internal and external stakeholders.
The API team has ownership of externally exposed APIs where we both provide own API's and enable consumption of APIs from external parties. Easy and reliable integration is key and the team have the DevOps responsibility from creation to lifetime management and continuous improvements of the APIs.
The Senior Architect has a key role in the API team. The ideal API architect will have excellent understanding and practical experience of API design, development and integration architecture, integrated solutions, and technical governance over full API lifecycle. He/she will also be able to support in evolvement of our API strategy.
- Deliver API product value to the ecosystem by developing flexible and modular API solution architecture designed in collaboration with product and service teams.
- Plan, scope, and define an API product and its roadmap applying API modeling and design techniques to translate customer requirements and API design.
- Secure long-term efficiency and scalability of the API architecture by continuously implementing architectural transformation and modernization
- Support evolution of enterprise architecture blueprints & reference models and facilitate their enablement and adoption within the API area
- Based on API gateways, metrics, and dashboards determine what API operations are most used, least used, and where to focus efforts and quality improvements.
- Implement and support architecture governance processes and tools while maintaining a key focus on design patterns and technology standards.
- Act as an enabler of Agile and DevOps practices in collaboration with product and support teams.
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you also have:
What can we offer you?
- A University degree in software engineering, computer science or similar education
- Minimum 5-Years’ Experience as API architect
- Good knowledge of later versions of Java, Spring, GraphQL, design patterns such as REST and open API standard.
- Good knowledge relational/NoSQL database and caching frameworks
- Practical experience of integration architecture incl. API gateways such as AWS API Gateway.
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, Microservice architecture and AWS services such as Amazon SNS, Amazon SQS, Amazon Kinesis, AWS lambda and AWS ECS.
- Ability to lead, inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams
- Strong interest in process improvements and ability to create structure
- Experience of fleet management systems and the transport & logistics domain area is a plus
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great advantage
- Good communication skills for management communication
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
You will be part of a team that creates great results through awesome people, strong relationships and a high-performance culture. We want to set a new standard for user experience, speed to market and customer value. We will do this through modern leadership, people in focus and a true passion to really make a difference. We who work in this team have a lot of fun, are great collaborators and we all consider ourselves as leaders of our work and owners of our results.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park, you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily!Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!Want to know more? Contact us!
Please contact: Cécile Anthyme, Digital Channels Director, +46 76 553 62 77.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site