Are you an engineer who has a genuine interest in engine technology? Do you value fun, curiosity, autonomy and hard work? Does being a part of a global organization that has a strong support system of skilled engineers excite you?
If so, we are currently seeking an Engineer, Air Management & Fuel Injection
to join our team in Hagerstown, MD!Who We Are
Our team, Air Management & Fuel Injection, is a part of the Combustion & After-treatment Technology Team for Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT) North America. We develop tests and calibrate advanced hardware technology for turbo charging, exhaust gas recirculation, fuel filtration and high pressure fuel injection that are used in Volvo group powertrains to fulfill our customers performance needs, reduce fuel consumption and act on our vehicles environmental impact.What You Will be Doing
As an Air Management & Fuel Injection Engineer, a typical day could include analyzing customer’s trucks telematic data or engine components to propose product improvement ideas, working with our design team and our suppliers to design the components of our future engines, developing aftermarket solutions to help workshops predict or diagnose technical problems, running an engine in a test rig to calibrate software functions to reduce emissions, having a lunch or a coffee break with your colleagues, sharing information and collaborating with our cross-function partners located in Sweden, France or Brazil about our common projects or challenges.
You will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion and trust. Our employees describe Volvo Group Trucks Technology as a great place to work, built upon respect, cooperation, commitment, and fun. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
Dataset function owner:
- Operating world-class heavy-duty engine dynamometer test cells.
- Efficiently and accurately executing test procedures while concurrently reviewing testing results to ensure reliability of data.
- Analyzing data from trucks in the field to assist in all aspects of product development.
- Driving software evolutions with our software engineers for improved product performance, reliability and on-board diagnostics
Who You Are
- Directing, developing and evaluating plans for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out with Volvo colleagues and external suppliers across the globe.
- Analyzing component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and to implement cost effective solutions as required
- Releasing upgrades and evolutions of the air management or fuel injection system hardware
You are a skilled engineer who enjoys working in a highly technical environment developing innovative, customer focused solutions. You are a supportive team member, are motivated to solve problems in a timely manner and enjoy collaborating on a local and global level. You are driven and are known for taking the lead to get the job done. You have excellent technical abilities and are eager to develop in-depth knowledge in your field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability for domestic and international travel, as needed
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or a related field
- Engineering/ engine development experience preferred
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier