Are you an experienced Engineer with a strong background in quality and a passion for the transportation industry? Does the opportunity to work in a collaborative, global environment amongst some of the most skilled Engineers in the transportation industry excite you?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Volvo Group is seeking a Lead Engineer, Chassis Quality
to play a critical role in improving chassis vehicle quality for Volvo and Mack Heavy Duty Trucks. This role will be located in Greensboro, NC. Who We Are
Our Team, Chassis Engineering North America, is the product owner of all Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics projects for the Mack and Volvo brands. Chassis Engineering (CE) is responsible for Powertrain Installation, Chassis Equipment, Chassis Structures and Analysis, Steering, Axles, Suspension, Brake System and Vehicle Control. We engineer solutions to keep our current products competitive with market demands as well as solutions for products and technologies of the future. CE at Volvo Trucks networks with the entire globe including our counterparts in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia. What Will You Be Doing
As the Lead Engineer, Chassis Quality, you will be a vital member of the CE Project Management Office (PMO) and will be actively involved with the CE Engineers and CE Group Managers in all the Chassis areas (Brakes, Suspensions, Powertrain Cooling, Chassis Structures and Equipment). The main mission of this role is to support the Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics Engineering (CVDE) site in conducting quality activities.
These quality activities are categorized in 6 main areas:Field issues (reactive quality)
- Support regular analysis of field feedback on chassis quality issues.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis/ Quality Tools support (CPI-E, QPMR, others)
- Ensure that “lessons learned” are performed, preventive actions are identified and that key knowledge is captured
- Support management with updates on progress on solving quality issues and raise concerns in case of roadblock
- Facilitate Quality Tools analyses within the CVDE commodity.
- Support Design Engineer and VE-PM in developing the Quality Tool Plan by giving input and recommendations on the use of Quality Tools.
- Provide with Root Cause Analysis/Quality Tools support to enable Protus solving
- Protus coordinator for A/L/P Protuses (BLR site).
- Support the development of processes and instructions in related areas.
- Develop and improve on CVDE quality related processes in cooperation with CVDE Global Operations / Process Governance / Global Quality Manager
- Contribute in related GDI and STD development and changes
- Develop and maintain relevant training material
- Plan and provide agreed CVDE training
- Represent CVDE in training networks within GTT, mainly within Vehicle Engineering and Quality & Customer Satisfaction
Who You Are
- Knowledge Management; facilitate documentation of knowledge, reuse of knowledge, A3 and trainings.
- Represent the department in local and global quality network/ work groups/ initiatives
Compensation & Benefits
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 8-12+ years of experience in engineering product development
- Design and Release Chassis Engineering experience, preferred
- OEM Experience within commercial vehicles or heavy industrial equipment
- Proven record building and launching new products and programs.
- Demonstrated engineering quality results in transportation or electric mobility industries
- Leadership skills, analytical skills, and strong business acumen
- Experience understanding and working with technical concepts.
- Ability to travel for business needs (up to 25%)
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier