Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Lehigh Valley Operation is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.Location:
7000 Alburtis Road
Macungie, Pennsylvania 18062Purpose/Description:
The purpose of this internship is to allow the student/intern to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The intern will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.Core Responsibilities:
- Work with other departments to implement new and emerging technologies including, Robotics, AI/ML, Electromobility, Virtual Manufacturing, PLCs, etc. depending on interests
- Investigate and document innovative solutions to support manufacturing
- Support the competence development activities within the department, with a focus on emerging technologies
- Assist the team with research and development activities surrounding existing solutions and through the development of new concepts.
- Work in our Innovation Space to help showcase the manufacturing technologies we have in the factory through prototyping activities
- Develop sustainable visuals showcasing each competence area to understand each areas on-going activities, available solutions, and development opportunities (competence areas include Automation, Virtual Manufacturing, Artificial Intelligence, 3D Printing and RPA)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Autonomous: works independently, learns what is needed to do the job.
- Initiative: proposes improvements and take the lead in implementing them.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Must be currently pursuing an Engineering degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Spring Interns may work up to 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Preferred Degrees- Controls Systems Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing