Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As a Health & Safety Intern
you will help secure compliance with Volvo GTT environmental, health and safety standards and country regulations in a fast-paced, diverse and challenging work environment. You will work with the GTT Safety & Environmental Specialist to meet Volvo’s stringent targets for ensuring personnel safety and environmental sustainability.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Regularly assess risk exposures to personnel, equipment and property associated with product testing, installation of new equipment and changes to existing processes.
- Review chemical storage, handling and usage in the work environment to identify and correct non-conformance to Volvo’s rigorous requirements.
- Perform routine physical inspections of product storage containers and spill emergency response equipment.
- Audit established safety programs, such as lockout/tagout, hazard communication/GHS, ergonomics, mobile equipment operation and fire safety and prevention for compliance to Volvo and U.S. requirements.
- Work to help Volvo GTT reach its ambitious environmental sustainability goals for zero waste to landfill and energy use and CO2 emissions reduction in its operations.
You are an Environmental, Health & Safety student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Director of Prototype Operations.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Environmental, Health & Safety at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Interns are enrolled in academic courses during their intern rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week.