At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
YOUR NEW ROLE
Volvo Group Trucks, Wacol has an opening for an Electrical & Electronics (EE) System Architect in the Technology team. The primary purpose of this position is to create and maintain a scalable and evolving EE architecture for Volvo and Mack Truck vehicle platforms which are manufactured here in Queensland, Australia.
In this role, you will utilize your project management skills to balance project requirements with long term strategic goals; personally contribute to the current production of ICE engine platforms; and take part in new truck propulsion platform developments like BEV and Fuel Cell.
Other duties include:
- Create, define and adapt the different EE architectures along with our global site teams.
- Contribute and create Technology roadmaps to secure architecture, systems, and components.
- Embark to offer competitive features and functions for our customers, meeting legal demands for the Australian Truck market. This for todays and future platforms.
- Identify the end-user functionality needs and what internal functionality is required in the EE systems.
- Map and document EE functions for components and systems in the different architecture platforms.
- Contribute and connect to Volvo global EE Architect forums, being the Australian site representative, sharing knowledge and follow fast-moving developments across Volvo sites.
- Maintain system and component knowledge within the local Electrical Engineering team.
- (Self) educate, and contribute to future EE platforms as a member of Global Community of Practices.
- Collaborate with and provide input to Vehicle Architects to maximise common vehicle layouts and ensure that functionality and quality of electrical systems and components will not be compromised.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with a specialisation in control theory or automotive engineering.
- 8-10 years of experience in commercial vehicle or product development, working on automotive EE platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of electronic hardware / software & supporting infrastructure architecture design & overall development.
- Experience with different automotive or related industry communication protocols and tools. (LIN, CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience with Change and Configuration management.
- Knowledge of diagnostic communication protocols and infrastructure, standards, in-vehicle test and fault detection principles, logging principles, as well as driver interface to diagnostics and faults is preferable.
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards (ISO 26262 and SPICE) is preferable.
- Knowledge of Australian Design Rules (ADR) is advantageous.
- Experience with BEV platforms is preferable.
Your personal skills and attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and influencing
- Analytical skills and the ability to conceptualize abstract topics
- You can explain complex technical information clearly and to the point, specially to diverse teams of overseas counterparts
- Ability to collaborate across different groups and cultures having varying levels of expertise and skill
- Ability to drive and take decisions
- Structured and Supportive
- Eager to learn and interested in technology advancement
- Fluent in English language excellent communication in both verbal and written form
- Have a flexible approach in working hours to enable connection to global Volvo sites within the different time zones. (Europe, (Latin) America, Asia).
This role is being offered on a permanent full time basis and an immediate start is available for the right candidate. Occasionally travel may be required.
- Salary indication: $110,000 AUD - $135,000 AUD (Depending on candidate skillset and experience)
- 1-2 days working from home / flexible work time arrangements may be discussed to support in work life balance
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
With Volvo Group Australia you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win!