At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper. The team at VGA have an opening for a trade-qualified Technician to join their forward-thinking workshop team at our dealership located in Prestons.
About the role:
Qualifications & ExperienceEducational Qualifications
- Cleanliness and presentation of work areas.
- Personal presentation.
- Carry out all repairs as delegated by their supervisor.
- Conduct all repairs according to manufacturer specifications and ST.
- Ensure accurate RO clocking to ensure time guidelines are achieved.
- Ensure job information on RO is completed at end of each job & accurately reflects work carried out.
- Work in an efficient manner
- Ensure that correct mileage & hours are recorded on each RO
- Ensure all serial numbers are recorded for each major component repaired for correct warranty completion
- Ensure all parts are tagged for warranty completion
- Be available for flexible work arrangements as required by the dealership operations
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices.
- Ensure housekeeping procedures are practiced at all times.
- Be responsible for all workshop equipment and be equipped with a comprehensive hand tool kit.
- Prompt reporting to Supervisor relating all work concerns.
- Team participation, equal opportunity, team encouragement, competence fulfilment & KPI development.
- To ensure compliance with VGA’s Environmental Policy, ISO140001 standards, and Workplace Health and Safety requirements. To take all reasonable steps and precautions to protect our workplace, employees, and our environment.
- Other duties as directed by supervisors.
Business skills & attributes
- Heavy Diesel Mechanic Trade Licence/Qualification (as determined by the applicable State Authority)
- Sound mechanical knowledge
- Understanding of quality controls
- Strong OH&S focus
- Team participation
- Mack or Volvo experience preferred
- Basic PC skills
- To be at all times a team player
- To have a flexible approach to work commitments
- To be open and honest at all times
- To be supportive of colleagues within the dealership and distributor organisation
- Permanent, 38 hour working week fortnightly paid wages
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
Employer: Volvo Group Australia Pty Ltd
Salary range: $70,000 - $90,000
Full-time permanent position
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve and encourage applications from all backgrounds.