This is us, your new colleagues...
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility, and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary; revolutionary problem solving – all to reach our vision!Want to learn more?
Service Market Logistics (SML) is an organization within Volvo Group Truck Operations (GTO). Our responsibilities are to design, manage and optimize the supply chain of aftermarket parts for all Volvo Group brands. In North America we support Mack and Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Penta, and several Volvo Bus brands. The scope of SML includes transport of material to warehouses, inventory management, management of packaging, and dealer order fulfillment. We ensure that all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence utilizing LEAN tools.
We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region. The Byhalia CDC is a 1.2 million square foot facility located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN. We operate in two shifts, employing approximately 600 union employees.
Many growth opportunities wait for leaders who are willing to join our team. We are actively working to establish teams which will take maximum advantage of the diversity in our differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender, and nationality. Our DNA is built upon our Volvo Production System (Lean) and our Volvo Values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance) are guiding us to continue to succeed in this industry.Mission and Purpose of the Position
- As a member of the Operations Leadership Team, support continual improvement activities to meet desired organizational performance targets
- Support the development of the continuous improvement (LEAN) culture in the organization
- Model behavior the behavior of a high performing employee
- Implement change through standardized work processes while using the 4-step training approach
- Use robust problem-solving methods to determine root causes for deviations and work to solutions
Education and Experience
- Responsible for one of the operational areas within CDC Inbound, Outbound, or Operations Support.
- Accountable for team performance in terms of SQDCEP in his/her area
- Responsible for improving safety and ergonomics in assigned areas
- Increase safety culture via regular GEMBA walks and safety dialogue.
- Document and report all safety accidents and near misses to Supervisor. Support analysis and corrective actions as requested.
- Support a lean operation using VPS mindset and tools (5S, problem solving, standardized work)
- Lead daily VPS meetings with assigned team reporting on business and site-specific performance and areas for improvement.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are in place and being followed. Support development or improvement of procedures as needed.
- Document any non-conformance to procedures or work rules and present to supervisor (FLM)
- Assist with root cause analysis and help to implement a continual improvement mindset
- Assist supervisors in monitoring team’s performance to ensure daily goals are met
- Support overall timekeeping and attendance tracking of the team
- Replace team members when they are absent or on other assignment as per supervisor direction.
- Assist supervisors toward motivating team members to improve performance
- Assist team members when issues arise (quality, productivity, etc.) leading improvement teams as needed.
- Ensure adherence to environmental policies and procedures
- Assist supervisors with the identification of training needs for experienced team members and facilitate the training of new team members and temporary employees
- Empower teams through the approval and implementation of ideas using the idea generation process
- Support Supervisor to develop improvement plans for assigned area that contribute to the overall DC improvement roadmap
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the area supervisor or manager
- Promotes the Volvo Group values and culture
- Minimum 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a similar function in distribution/manufacturing or logistics required
- Knowledge in Lean Principles through formal training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office preferred
Market Logistics offers the opportunity to learn about, and impact, all our North American brands. In addition, we offer:
- Customer focused: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Peer relationship: Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both success and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Self-development: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that different situations and levels may call for different approaches; works to develop strengths; works on compensating for weakness and limits
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (earned time off)
- 401k with matching