Diagnostic & Repair Technician - Harlow - 4 day week
£20 per hour
£1000 Signing bonus!
Working a 4 days week(10 hour shift)
Wednesday to Saturday
0600hrs to 1600hrs 1/2 hr unpaid lunch
You would be joining our team of 7 technicians currently working at our VMU site, maintaining 150 vehicles/trailers for Poundland Ltd.
Superior workmanship and an eye for detail. The ability to work efficiently and effectively.The desire to succeed and be part of a winning team.If you have all of the above and more – then we want to speak to you.We’ll need you to:
- Salary up to £20 per hour dependent on experience/qualifications
- Overtime @ enhanced pay rates
- Generous Pension Plan
- Health cash plan = access to dental insurance
- Ignition, our electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Enhanced holiday package
- Extended maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Cash plan saving scheme
- Employee savings and retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development opportunities, along with training plans managed through our inhouse technical training team.
- Support for you and your family through an online Wellbeing centre
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures, safely and responsibly
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and warranty material on completion of each repair
- Road test vehicles when required (if you hold an HGV licence)
- Assist with roadside breakdowns
- Ensure company time recording procedures are complied with, and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop controllers
- Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained
- Wear personal protective equipment when appropriate
- Support the development of young trainees and apprentices
Who are you:
You’ll hold a City and Guilds, an NVQ3 or an equivalent qualification. You’ll also have completed an apprenticeship in the HGV industry, or have equivalent experience, along with relevant experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
A basic knowledge of computer software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook is preferred, as is a general level of computer literacy.
Finally, we’d expect you to have a basic working knowledge of vehicle technology.
What’s in it for you:
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
When you join Volvo, you’ll be assigned a training path, enabling you to work through a number of courses both online and in person to develop your skills and support you in your new role.
With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion; we trust each other, and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
So, if you’re genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Trucks team to make it even more of a success, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.