Lead/Senior Power Electronics Engineer, MDS, Electromobility, GTT Bangalore
We are currently looking for passionate engineer to join Electromobility team in the Motor Drive system, Traction Motor development and product lifecycle management.This is us, your new colleagues
We are responsible for the development transition from conventional powertrains to electromobility and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. We develop and drive the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within Volvo Group. The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Motor Drive system (MDS). At our section, we are accountable for the lifecycle management of the MDS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase.
You will be part of an agile and approachable organization with skilled product teams consisting of passionate people, in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics. With us, you will have a diverse, friendly and open-minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you cannot imagine today.Who are you?
To be successful in this position you need to be a team player and have an analytic mindset of a true problem solver.
You have experience from the automotive industry with great attitude working cross functional and have a willingness to learn and take more responsibility.Key Responsibilities are:
Required skills and experience:
- Providing the Volvo Group with technical support and expertise within the competence area
- Conducting development work with suppliers and technology partners
- Participating and providing technical results in product development projects and advanced engineering
- Contributing to technology planning with a strategic approach
- Evaluating technical solution and preparing technical requirement and documents
- Providing and conducting test plan and time plan
- Supporting junior engineers within the technical area, help them within its technical area
- Engaging in external technology networks and collaboration with academic partners
- Work cross functional with both internal and external suppliers with high respected personality
- At least 8 years of experience in automotive product development.
- Solid experience in power electronics development, specifically in the area of electric motor drives and inverter.
- Experience in TR driven development by suppliers
- Experience/knowledge of automotive standards, EMC, Functional Safety, simulation in MATLAB/PLECS or similar tools, DimRM, process tools
- Experience from working with supplier
- Experience from working with Advance Engineering projects
- Experience from working with agile development principles and SAFe
- Experience from technical leading people and developing technical tasks
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of CAD tools e.g Creo is an advantage
It is considered a merit if you have experience with the following:
- ME /MTech in Power Electronics Engineering, Electrical & Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Physics
- Automotive Knowledge
- KOLA & EDB
- Agile Principles and methods
- Volvo Tools & Process Knowledge
- Electrical vehicle development
- High Voltage systems (400-800VDC)
- Ability to take decisions, balancing available facts, judgement in given time frames.
- Engaging & inspiring – drive for results and performance excellence in teams
- Solution mindset - Look for opportunities and welcome new ways of doing things
- Structured and yet creative approach
- Networking skills across functions and hierarchies
- Perseverance and commitment to follow through