Do you want to grow and at the same time contribute to the transport industry transformation?Role description
As a creative and skilled Lead Engineer within the Leaf suspension team you are Volvos GTTs innovation foundation.
By sharing your knowledge and providing exceptional customer service you will contribute to our end-customer’s needs and assist Volvo in maintaining strong relationships with our customers. You will be a big part of our success.
You will be part of a dynamic team with unique individuals who are dedicated to delivering safe and assured experiences and products for our customers in a timely manner.
We as a team are responsible for development of front and rear leaf suspensions, single axle suspensions and complete bogie systems, and we develop the future technologies and solutions for all brands within the truck group.
The team is involved in complete vehicle projects, component projects and advanced engineering research within the group’s area.
Your undertaking with key technology solutions will create long-term relationships with both our customers and suppliers built on trust and engagement. Within your area of responsibility, you are expected to lead the design work, proactively influence the product design, ensue and utilize the admitted work processes and of course ensure a good product quality. You are also expected to maintain a good collaboration with cross-functional teams, including Production, Purchasing, Aftermarket, Project management, and many more.
We believe you have high knowledge in dealing with design and development problems and strong intuitive and analytic ability to resolve problem issues.
As the rest of the team, you should have an open, flexible and positive attitude. You are target oriented and able to work with limited supervision. Together with good ability to communicate and to work with people at different level, the network is broad both inside and outside the company.
As a Lead Engineer within the Leaf Suspension area you will be subject to exciting challenges but also rewarding career opportunities. We encourage people who inspire innovative solutions and we firmly believe that passion for the products creates amazing customer experiences.Profile and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanics or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in product development
- Experience from the automotive industry
- Experience from product development in casting, forging, sheet metal & rubber
- Knowledge in material strength-, fatigue- and dynamics.
- Experience in Creo Parametric
- Good knowledge in English both written and spoken is essential.
- Driving license *B*****
Please contact me if you have some questions
- Experience from product development of vehicle suspensions and steering systems
- Long experience in Creo Parametric with knowledge in creating advanced kinematical assemblies, such as movable skeleton-driven CAD-modules and/or assemblies
- Good knowledge in Creo Simulate
- Experience in Creo modeling of cast and forged parts
- Experience from agile product development and JIRA tool
- Experience from LCA and design to embrace sustainability, circular economy and recycling
- Practical experience from workshop (private or working life) appreciated
Alfred Skoglund, email@example.com
Applications will be evaluated continuously, do not wait to apply.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.