Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career?
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a teamwork! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic, and highly skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’ve won the “Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named “Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress
magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!Who is Volvo Penta?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while, and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Innovation is in our DNA! We believe that high performance comes from having fun at work, as well as having the courage to think outside the box. We understand positive change is a great key to innovation!
We are now looking for a Sales Order Coordinator to join our amazing team in Chesapeake, Virginia!What is the Job?
As a Sales Order Coordinator, not only will be provide exceptional customer service and support to our customers, you will be a liaison with Sales, Finance, Service, Logistics, and Manufacturing. You will play a key role in the activities and processes that help the sales organization run effectively and efficiently in order to support business strategies and objectives. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
Are you passionate about customer service and needs? You may have what it takes for this exciting role…
- Entering, processing, confirming and managing orders from purchase order to delivery to customer. You will also critically assess orders, investigate technical anomalies, and resolve customer complaints.
- Orchestrating cross-functional departmental collaboration (Sales/Logistics/ Finance/Sales Operations) to achieve overall delivery against the agreed upon timeline and objectives, as well as conducting daily reviews and follow-up of open/late/short shipped orders, and communicating updates to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Performing root cause analysis of issues and implement corrective actions.
- Supporting improvement of business processes, systems, and quality checks to enable fast, consistent, and accurate execution of the sales process.
- Conducting customer visits in an effort to build customer relationships, understand customer needs, and translate those needs into workable processes.
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion not only for providing exceptional customer service but also a drive to proactively address customer’s needs. It will also help if you’re able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment, have good time management skills, and technically-oriented. Having the following is also a plus: knowledge of JD Edwards and working knowledge of automotive operations.As with Most Companies, You Absolutely Need the Following...
Education & Experience:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, as well as familiarity with database programs
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
- Enjoy working in a global, multicultural company!
This position requires the following:
We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales/customer support preferred
- Experience in providing technical support, a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish, a plus
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Sales Order Coordinator with our award-winning team.
We look forward to meeting you!Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V