Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Mack Trucks, a member of The Volvo Group, is one of North America's largest producers of heavy-duty trucks. Part of Volvo’s Group Trucks Operations (GTO), the Lehigh Valley Operation is one of 50 plants globally dedicated to the manufacturing of trucks. MACK® vehicles are sold and serviced in more than 45 countries worldwide. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation's roadways.Purpose/Description:
The purpose of this intern is to allow the student to prepare for their future by applying what was learned during coursework (theory, skill development, professionalism) to the working world. Interns will be provided extensive hands-on experience in their field of study. The student will work on important and innovative projects alongside our experienced staff and engineers.Core Responsibilities:
- Work with other departments to implement new and emerging technologies including, Robotics, AI/ML, Electromobility, Virtual Manufacturing, PLCs, etc. depending on interests.
- Investigate and document innovative solutions to support manufacturing.
- Support the competence development activities within the department, with a focus on emerging technologies.
- Assist the team with research and development activities surrounding existing solutions and through the development of new concepts.
- Work in our Innovation Space to help showcase the manufacturing technologies we have in the factory through prototyping activities.
- Develop sustainable visuals showcasing each competence area to understand each areas on-going activities, available solutions, and development opportunities (competence areas include Automation, Virtual Manufacturing, Artificial Intelligence, 3D Printing and RPA).
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Autonomous: works independently, learns what is needed to do the job.
- Initiative: proposes improvements and take the lead in implementing them.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point, Word
- Thrives in a team-based environment
- Must be currently pursuing an Engineering degree and remain fully enrolled in program during the duration of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Spring co-ops may work up to 40 hours per week
- Preferred Degrees- Controls Systems Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field.
- Prefer a motivated Junior or Senior in good academic standing.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development