Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
Project Office, North America Purchasing is an organization within Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) responsible to lead all projects supporting the North American truck brands from project inception to completion and review. Project Office consists of Project Managers, Purchasing (PMP’s) and Project Planners working across multiple projects with varying priority, timelines, and resource requirements. The Project Office aligns with the GTP organizational strategy collaborating between the project management teams and the functional line organization. PMP’s bring their expertise to manage procurement activities from sourcing to production, tracking clear and actionable deliverables and owners, ensuring clear communication channels, identifying and securing risk mitigation plans, achieving quality, cost, and delivery targets, and executing change management throughout the project.
The North America Project Office team is looking for a proactive leader with accountability of planning and executing the project needs for key projects in the North America region. As a Senior Project Manager, Purchasing, your purpose is to represent the Purchasing Group in assigned product development projects. Using a proactive approach, you will achieve an understanding of the purchasing requirements and drive/follow up the Purchasing activities necessary for a specific project. Your objective will be to deliver the Purchasing project on time with agreed Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management targets (QDCFTSR) according to requested volumes and production capacity. Tasks include managing schedules, following up with stakeholders, tracking progress, and reporting the results. Confident decision-making and a sharp eye for detail will be as essential as tactical thinking and clear communication.
This position will be based out of Greensboro, NC and will report to the Head of Conventional Range, Electronics and Electromechanics Project Management Purchasing North America.
Main areas of responsibility include:
What We Are Looking For
- Work in accordance with Volvo processes, Code of Conduct, and Volvo Values
- As a part of a Volvo Group cross-functional team, bring GTP North America voice/business into the Projects
- Drive the projects performance with the GTP teams through active leadership to fulfill the Purchasing Gate deliverables according to Volvo’s Develop Product and Aftermarket Product Portfolio process (DVP):
- Manage Project integration phase
- Be accountable for sourcing performance/sourcing plans for the projects
- Be accountable for supplier involvement in projects activities
- Be accountable that material costs and tooling costs are aligned with project budget and cost engineering objectives
- Be accountable for Supply Network Quality (SNQ) activities for the projects to ensure input and involvement in planning and executing of the parts (i.e. APQP, PPAP)
- Be accountable for Parts planning/securement for the projects
- Be accountable for Cost change management for the projects leading buyers to follow Product Change Request (PCR) process
- Manage Purchasing stakeholders with great communication and focus on projects demands, targets, and time schedules
- Strive towards having Purchasing resources secured for projects and provide performance inputs to concerned managers
- Lead Projects risk management from Purchasing standpoint, including risk response and risk mitigation plans
- Escalate issues/inputs needed to deliver Projects on agreed QDCFTSR targets utilizing proper escalation process (GTP North America Reference Group, Projects P-PULSE, Project Reviews, etc.)
- Manage projects reporting with dashboard to report on projects performance
- Contribute to continuous improvement and global alignment of processes and procedures
- Be an inspirational leader for the Projects team members within the GTP North America organization
- Bring value to the GTP North America Vehicle Project Office organization and beyond
- 3+ years of project management or senior level strategic buyer experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Heavy trucking or automotive industry experience desired
- Well-developed communication and collaboration skills, agile in way of working
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- On-campus fitness center and cafe
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!