WWF Climate Savers
The WWF Climate Savers program involves multinational companies in the battle to reduce carbon-dioxide emissions. Climate Savers objective is to recognize corporate leadership on climate solutions: develop low, zero or carbon positive business models and demonstrate that reductions in greenhouse gas emissions can go hand-in-hand with economic growth.
The commitment 2015-2020
An important element of our new 2015-2020 commitment is to act as a magnifier for Climate Savers. This means focusing on activities that enhance environmental development within the transport and infrastructure sectors.
A cumulative reduction of emissions from products and production by at least 40 Million tons of CO2 by 2020 compared with 2013.
Improving energy efficiency in production by implementing energy saving measures giving 150 GWh/year in savings. This corresponds to 8% of the energy use in Volvo Group’s production sites.
Reducing CO2 emissions per produced unit from the Volvo Group freight transport by 20% by 2020.
• Developing truck prototypes with substantially lower fuel consumption compared with a corresponding truck today.
• Volvo CE will develop and demonstrate technologies with considerable efficiency improvements.
• Encourage and help ten selected suppliers to improve energy efficiency.
• Starting up a so-called City Mobility concept in at least five cities. City Mobility is the collective term for an offering in which Volvo Buses collaborates with cities and regions to find the best and most energy-efficient public transport solution. One example is to plan for the infrastructure required for electric city buses.
• Hosting the Construction Climate Challenge (CCC) that aims to create a dialogue with construction industry representatives, academia and politicians, as well as providing funding for new research and share existing knowledge and resources to help the industry make a difference for generations to come.