- The purpose of this job is to provide assistance the Manager of assigned department
Perform administrative work appropriate to the position, and as requested by the Manager.
- Must have a professional appearance, proper use of the English language, both written and verbal, and ability to deal with people (in person and y telephone), with courtesy, respect and attentiveness.
- Responsible for appropriate handling of confidential information; keeping files such as resumes, personal contact information and copies of company expense care statements.
- Set up weekly meetings, including making arrangements (as required) for meals or refreshments, setting up meeting room, preparing information to be shared in meeting.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for employees within department as well as for prospective employees.
- Maintains supply cabinet for the department.
- If needed, answer incoming calls for Manager & department and route as required.
- Attend seminars/training classes in hours or outside of company when necessary to improve computer skills and keep updated on the latest software programs in order to perform work related duties.
- Verifies time sheets for salary employees in the department and record vacations and other absences.
- Maintains charts, graphs, and organizational charts for the department.
- Prepare presentation materials using Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Work, etc. This material is technical and statistical which related to the department activities.
- Use sound judgement in structuring presentations, responding to inquiries, and preserving confidences.
- Assist on an “as required” basis the department manager in record keeping, updating charts and reports specific to the department activities. This may include preparing Capital Budget items or PAR’s as required by the respective departments.
- Communication Skills: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
- Ownership/Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Planning & Organization: Anticipating and drawing inferences about the future and structuring resources and actions in logical manner.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Problem-Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required-or higher-standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals land departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Associate’s Degree in Applied Science in Office System’s Technology or equivalent experience of three (3) years or combination thereof.
- Office experience with working knowledge and demonstration of Microsoft software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, system information and stenographic capabilities.
- Plus two (2) years of progressive applicable experience.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.