We are hiring an Aftermarket Reliability Engineer. This role will be responsible to identify, document and report product quality issues to provide timely solutions to the field and increase customer satisfaction for the complete vehicle for the Volvo and Mack brands. Drive service solutions to the market and improvements in speed of repairs to increase customer uptime by analysing connected vehicle data, technical support case and warranty data.
- Analyse information from multiple sources and maintain scorecard for each area to identify uptime issues and provide recommendations on prioritization.
- Field Reports
- Warranty Data
- Parts Sales Data
- Quality Workbook for MQR
- Proactively work with Global Truck Technology to develop field solutions to technical issues in accordance with global Problem Resolution Process (PRP) guidelines.
- Represent customer voice within the team
- Advocate for solutions that can be serviced in the field as well as solutions that can be implemented within the dealer environment
- Drive containment activities
- Manage and develop containment solutions for field concerns that result in immediate impact to improve customer uptime.
- Provide technical direction to Field Support Specialists, District and Fleet Service Managers and Dealers on cases that require escalation when there is not a known solution, or when a significant defect exists
- Perform case analysis on escalated cases to determine root cause
- Capture data and perform trending analysis to drive corrections
- Identify and drive corrective actions
- Consult with Field Quality Support Specialist in in-depth investigations of customer concerns as related to product issues.
- Provide direction to the field team regarding parts retrieval, documentation of complaint and data acquisition.
- Travel as necessary to support investigation of product issues.
- Perform data logging or instruct dealer personnel on data acquisition requirements procedures.
- Identify and communicate the product characteristics, symptoms, and effect from the customer’s perspective.
- Represent Volvo and Mack with suppliers in field organization visits.
- Support investigations in the field
- Ensure proper protocols are followed to protect customer and company
- Coordinate with third party investigators as directed by Regulatory Affairs
- Provide feedback and lead next steps until the issue is mainstreamed into a corrective process if required
- Provide project requirements input for product improvements ensuring that future designs meet targets for reliability, serviceability, and maintainability.
- Provide regular status updates on upcoming projects to field organization and technical support.
- Provide information on pending projects and PMRs to the field
- Provide input to the project teams on past and current issues with existing product impacted by project actions
- Escalation to GTS management as appropriate with issues with projects which could have significant field or customer impact
- Follow vehicles, (pilots, lead the fleet, new CA/CE options) and monitor and provide feedback to Volvo organization.
- Generate source documentation for technical service publication requests related to field issues and facilitate their publications, which includes Service Bulletins, Service News, CBRs, Service Programs and Recalls.
- Prepare and develop financial business case for funding approval of campaigns
- Approve requested updates to service, operators and maintenance manuals as required to support dealer and field service network
- Technical/Functional Expertise within specified area of engineering
- Quality Advocate
- Customer Focus
- Change Facilitation
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Equivalent experience may be considered
- 5 years’ experience in the truck OEM and automotive industry preferred
- A strong technical background with strong understanding of the customer’s perspective.
- Dealer/Fleet/OE Service Department experience preferred.
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.