HGV Technician Join our Ipswich team!** £1000 signing bonus**
Working a rotating shift: Monday to Friday
0600hrs to 1400hrs & 1400hrs to 2200hrs
Alternative Saturday @ time and a quarter OT
- Competitive salary up to £32k p.a.
- Overtime @ enhanced pay rates
- Generous Pension Plan
- Health cash plan = access to dental insurance
- Enhanced holiday package
- Employee savings and retail discounts
- Ignition, our electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development opportunities, along with training plans managed through our inhouse Technical training team.
- Support for you and your family through an online Wellbeing centre
As a Technician you will ensure the highest possible levels of productive efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish, to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process. Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Assist with Action Service Europe when required.
- Work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles.
- Road test vehicle when required (if holder of HGV licence).
- Assist with roadside breakdowns.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure that service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions.
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported to your workshop controller
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Volvo Truck and Bus Centre image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
- Support the development of any young trainees and apprentices
Required knowledge & experience
- Technically competent in the repair and maintenance of HGVs
- To effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally and be an active team member.
- To develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To adapt and take on new skills and approaches and participate in training and development activities.
What’s in it for you:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent
- Completed an apprenticeship in HGV industry or equivalent experience
- Experience within the commercial vehicle industry.
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.So, if you’re genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Trucks team to make it even more of a success, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.