Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
The Buyer for Uptime Purchasing is accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers within service parts commodity segment. This position will report to the Purchasing Manager, and will be based out of Greensboro, NC.
Main areas of responsibility:
What We Are Looking For
- Perform purchasing activities related to service parts orders, logistics, and financial flows to the suppliers
- Drive negotiations in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements)
- Follow up contracts and agreements with suppliers and ensure implementation
- Reduce current costs while maintaining delivery and quality standards for commodities
- Effectively manage assigned commodities in support of the brands and business plans using development and sourcing processes to achieve established goals
- Provide North America market input as member of sourcing team as needed and continuously assess the business climate and conditions affecting assigned supplier base
- Provide appropriate purchasing support to internal and external customers
- Be responsible for the development of existing and potential suppliers
- Contribute to the development of strategies
- Ensure collaboration with production commodity and project purchasing
- Work proactively on supplier risk mitigation and crisis management
- Provide accurate Estimated Time Arrival for critical parts
- Find creative solutions/alternative suppliers to solve parts availability issues to VOR (Vehicle Off Road)
- Professional experience in a business setting, including purchasing, sales, finance, marketing, etc.
- Negotiation skills is an advantage
- Strong business acumen, agile in way of working
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field is an advantage
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!