Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our solutions to today’s global challenges are driven by our Mission of “Driving prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions” and our Vision “To be the most desired and successful transport and infrastructure solution provider in the world”.Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will Be Doing
As the Head of Supply Network Quality (SNQ) for our Dublin, VA and Salem, VA plants for Group Trucks Purchasing North America, you drive and manage performance of your team from a Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) stand point. You will lead a team of Plant Supplier Quality Engineers (SQP's) and Supplier Network Quality Project Manager Field Quality Engineers, focused on ensuring the quality of the supplied serial production parts delivered to our Dublin, VA and Salem, VA truck manufacturing plants and timely resolution of supplier caused field concerns.
You will promote strong collaboration between Supply Network Quality Plants and our operational partners as well as with Supply Network Quality Plants resources at other sites in the region and globally, thereby capitalizing on global knowledge and competence sharing within Supply Network Quality.
You will report to the Head of Supplier Quality North America - Plants, and will be based out of either Dublin, VA or Salem, VA.
What We Are Looking For
- As a member of the Group Trucks Purchasing North America Supply Network Quality leadership team, actively contribute to the development of the department via continuous improvement initiatives
- Proactively engage with cross-functional partners to ensure a common strategy is driven and communicated to suppliers
- Support containment and robust Route Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) for supplier-caused plant impacts
- Management of data-driven decisions for low-performing supplier improvement plan programs and escalation
- Drive and lead the Supply Network Quality activities in accordance with defined strategies and targets
- Coach and develop a team of Plant Supplier Quality Engineers Supplier Network Quality Project Manager Field Quality Engineers across multiple locations through daily interactions and focused individual development plan actions
- Support resolution of warranty and field quality concerns related to supplier-caused issues
- Ensure that there is close interaction with suppliers to proactively assess risk and apply solutions for supplier process and product development
- Eliminate risk from supply base using all tools and resources
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Provide weekly onsite support at both Dublin, VA and Salem, VA truck plants
- Occasional travel to other plants and suppliers (approximately 20%)
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Engineering, Business Management, or Supply Chain Management (extensive experience can be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Minimum 10 years of supply chain (quality and development) and/or production experience
- Preferably experience from the automotive or heavy commercial truck industry in Plant Supplier Quality, APQP implementation, manufacturing engineering, supplier development, or crisis management
- Strong problem-solving skills (8D, 5-why, fishbone, etc.)
- Data driven, continuous improvement mindset
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Focus on team member development and mentorship
- Strong accountability and project management for tasks without close supervision
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401(K) with company match, as well as additional automatic company contribution
- Culture with a passion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for all
- Aggressive approach to Sustainability
- Flexible work environment
- 5 - 6 weeks of annual vacation
- Global organization with expansive career growth opportunities
- Volvo Group University for professional and personal development
- Workplace health/wellness, and reimbursement programs
- Would you like to dig deeper into some of the above topics? We invite you to continue your exploratory journey here!