Lead Function System Design Engineer – Battery Management System
Take the opportunity to join the transition into sustainable transport with the leader in sustainable transportation and change the world. This is us, your new colleagues at Electromobility
The Electromobility Department is responsible for developing electromobility solutions and to secure a stepwise implementation in different segments/regions. This organization develop and drives the electromobility product portfolio for Trucks & Buses as well as creating opportunities for all business areas within the Volvo Group. Electromobility is a growing organization in place to shape the future!
The importance of electromobility is growing every day and a key component within the electrified powertrain is the Energy Storage System (ESS). We are accountable for the lifecycle management of the ESS, from advanced engineering, throughout product development into the maintenance phase. We now recruiting Function system Design Engineer
In this position, you will be part of a growing organization dedicated to technology as well as empowering and developing our employees. We always use customer satisfaction as the ultimate performance measurement.
You will be part of an agile and approachable organization with skilled teams consisting of passionate people. We work in an optimistic atmosphere, where joy, knowledge sharing and openness are key characteristics. With us, you will have a diverse, friendly and open-minded team on your side, always providing you the help needed to manage tasks you cannot imagine today. Responsibilities / Main tasks
Together with you colleagues in ESS Function and BMS team you will be responsible for the functional design and the function development of our battery management system platform(BMS). You will participate in BMS functional roadmap and AE projects and support current projects, product improvements, maintenance and quality work.
You will be responsible to design the needed functionality, balancing requirement and implementation together with the other members of ESS functions and BMS team. You will also actively participate in verification specification to make sure that acceptance criteria are met.Who are you?
We believe that to be successful in this position, you are a pragmatic team player that loves to develop System designs with the customer in focus. Since the area is in an early phase, it is important that you are flexible and enjoy working in a changing environment. Broad experience of control system and function development in battery management system is required. You should be familiar with Volvo Group or similar development processes You have a broad knowledge and experience of both Electrical and SW development and are used to express yourself within requirement specifications/ user stories. In order to do this we believe you have:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 - 14 years of experience from embedded system design & Software development.
- Atleast 6 years of experience from development within Electrical Propulsion System.
- Experience of battery technologies/systems within the application of electric vehicles
- 6 years of experience from design within Energy Storage Systems. Good understanding of how Battery Pack building blocks and system attributes influence Energy Storage Systems performance.
- Experience in defining requirement and balancing requirement between stakeholders and technical solution.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with Agile principles
- Automotive experience, Target Link, C/C++, Embedded SW/HW, C/D, CAN, LIN, ISO 26262, J1939, Systems Engineering