- Must be able to demonstrate operational excellence through attitude and actions
- Present a professional quality image and encourage others to continuously produce to a high standard of quality while seeking continuous improvements
- Demonstrate polite, courteous and helpful disposition when dealing with people both internally and externally. Exhibit the Volvo way in word, act and deed. Participate actively as a team player. Work as a team to assist manufacturing with quality problems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while, at times, having numerous high-priority items
- Ability to make difficult decisions (accept or not accept responsibility)
- Ability to provide feedback in a professional manner and escalate items as required
- Must be able to work well with all departments to perform the functions of problem analysis, investigating and resolving in-plant and supplier part problems
- Plan and perform the full range of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, maintenance and repair operations throughout the plant
- Work involves the dismantling, adjusting, acquiring repair components, repairing and reassembling of machine tools, as well as new construction operations required for overhead crane erection and other related plant layout changes
- Work from drawings, sketches, wiring and schematic diagrams, machine tool operating manuals, work order requests, PM sheets and oral instructions to install, adjust, repair and perform electronic and general maintenance duties with high degree of quality and workmanship
- Diagnose mechanical, electrical components, dismantle unit, acquire replacement parts, repair or replace defective parts or mechanisms, reassemble and prove out
- Coordinate with OEM on major repairs and troubleshooting
- Responsible for creating spare part list and maintaining the spares for critical equipment
- Install, level and align equipment.
- Maintain, adjust or repair welding machines, bridge cranes, various machine tools, electronic controls and various other plant-related machinery and equipment
- Set up and operate multimeters and other electrical test equipment
- Perform periodic inspection, Preventive Maintenance and troubleshooting during breakdowns of critical equipment
- Perform plumbing and pipe fitting installation on production equipment, pumps, valves, and leaks
- Work as a team with operations in reducing the production losses and improving the machine productivity
- Maintain specified records of work performed, details of repairs and materials usage in the MP2 system
- Maintain equipment and working area in neat and orderly condition. Assure compliance to all local, EPA, Lock Out/Tag Out, NFPA and other OSHA regulations
- Fully understand operation and repair of all electrical and mechanical equipment
- Able to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic schematics, and machine prints
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to use various software applications in the performance of their duties (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other PC-based software applications that may be required)
- Observe all safety rules and regulations
- Mechanically inclined
- PLC experience a plus
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 3-5 years or more of industrial maintenance and/or maintenance electrician preferred
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.