We have exciting opportunities for the right individuals at our currently under construction 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN and will begin operation in the end of 2014.
The Distribution Center Outbound Shipping and Export Coordinator is responsible for coordinating outbound transport from the CDC as well as all administration linked to shipments. This position reports to the Outbound manager of the CDC.
- Coordinate outbound transport so all goods can leave at the scheduled time.
- Organize extra transport when needed while keeping the total logistic cost under control
- Produce and oversee all administration associated with orders and shipments.
- Closeout all shipping activities utilizing designated system screens and reports ensuring all customer orders have been processed and invoiced.
- Keep records of all shipments and maintain corresponding files.
- Advise helpdesk coordinators in case of transport issues affecting the customer.
- Initiate or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Support carrier management process related to all outbound deliveries from the CDC.
- Create Hazmat documentation for shipments, including attaching documentation as required
- All other duties as assigned
- Order special transport or extra transport
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a similar function in a logistic or distribution company,
- Good communication skills and ability to work under minimal amount of supervision.
- Good skills in working with MS Office programs, Word, Excel, Power Point Etc.
- Initiative: taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- Customer Focused
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to accurately enter data into systems records
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.