The Volvo Group Trucks Technology Engineering Graduate Program is a global Program for new graduates who are passionate about engineering, driven to make things better and are ready for the next challenge. When joining, you will be a part of a team and an organization who are passionate about what we do, aim for high performance and thrive on teamwork. You will get to use your engagement and creativity to design, test and develop the next generation of products and services for customers all over the world.
The Electromobility function work together with colleagues across the globe to provide world class solutions for complete electric propulsion system or subsystem, delivering end customer value for Volvo business units such as Volvo Bus, Volvo Trucks, Volvo Construction equipment, and Volvo Penta. Electromobility is one of the main strategic areas within Volvo Group aiming at creating a more sustainable tomorrow. For the transport industry and for the Volvo Group, this means that we need to decarbonize transport.
What we offer:
The Engineering graduate program is a 12-month program where you are offered the perfect mix of on-the-job learning and intensive training. You will be working in a challenging hands-on role and at the same time receiving the tools that you need in order to learn and grow. You will get the chance to use your technical and creative engineering skills while gaining valuable experience working with real products on real business challenges. During the program you will also be receiving frequent support and updates from assigned manager as a part of a structured development program.
Our Engineering Graduate Program starts in September 2022 and you will be offered a permanent position at Volvo Group Trucks Technology with placement in Sweden, Gothenburg.
For the Graduate Program you will be placed in one of below areas within Electromobility. Therefore, you must specify in your application which area/areas you are interested in so that we can find the best match for you!
The different areas:
- Energy storage: ESS functions & BMS - Working with software development for in-house Battery Management System
- Electric propulsion control - Working with Embedded SW development and system realization for electric propulsion.
- Electric propulsion control: Motor drive system control and software - Working with the software that controls the electric motors in Volvo electrical vehicle products.
- Power conversion, hardware component development: Power electronic components - Working with electrical distribution components and high voltage integrated components
- Power conversion: Electrical motor - Working with the Global Component Responsible of Electric Motors, installed in the Volvo Group electric vehicles.
- Power conversion: Electrical motor drive - Mechatronics engineering, mechanical engineering with focus on thermodynamics and electrical properties such as busbar design etc. or Power Electronics engineering focus on electrical simulations, EMC and requirement work on the power electronics parts.
- Power conversion - Drive the development of all high-power components, enabling charging, propulsion by electric motors and drive, all connected through the electrical distribution components.
- Energy Storage: Electrical & electronics
In order to qualify for the chance of joining our Engineering Graduate program, you will need:
- A university degree (or be currently working towards obtaining one by the summer), preferably an MSc in one of the following fields: Electrical engineering; Electronics; Industrial Software engineering, Computer science, Mechatronics or similar engineering field.
- Have graduated not more than 18 months ago and with a maximum of two years working experience prior to, or after graduation
- Solid English and have an international mind-set
If you have any questions, please contact:
CV/applications are not accepted by email
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.