Intern will work directly with Product and Project Quality staff and manufacturing plants personnel. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small scale projects like sustainability initiatives, continuous improvement projects, etc.
- Identify innovative practices, successful strategies, and emerging technology with potential for commercial success, to help GTO reach a climate positive vision
- Perform research and provide a report on
- Thermal renewable energy technology to replace fossil fuels
- Techniques and practices that support a climate positive vision
- Climate compensation strategies to reach neutral and positive levels
- Assist with renewable energy market analysis for the U.S.
- Support GTO programs and plans in place to achieve energy and CO2 emissions objectives and targets
- Perform data quality reviews for sustainability report and analysis for KPIs and targets
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Please refer to the Critical Competencies Dictionary for the standard competencies applicable to all positions within Volvo Group North America.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a graduate level degree in either Environmental, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering with a Sustainability specialization or focus. A graduate degree in Sustainability Management is also acceptable, if accompanied with an undergraduate engineering degree
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in either Environment, Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering/technology field with a Sustainability specialization or focus at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to travel frequently.
This internship will require up to 30 hours per week during the Spring 2022 semester.
Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.