We are currently looking for a student to work with our Pneumatic Installation Team as a Intern – Mechanical/Electrical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of chassis and vehicle dynamics engineering, mechanical design and component installation. As a valued member of the Pneumatic Installation Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with braking systems, pneumatic systems, and air management systems on class 8 heavy-duty trucks. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transport solution industry. This position will report to the Group Manager of Pneumatic Installation Team.
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
- Release components in a formal engineering process to resolve maintenance items or for project deliveries
- Ensure component durability by performing FEA analysis methods and techniques
- Communicate status of upcoming deliveries during Daily Team Leadership meetings
- Apply Quality Tools to components and systems during the design phase
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Intern Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the Intern
- credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their Intern period.
- Interns are required to work 30 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.