The mission of the Advanced Engineering & Concept Team is to secure Volvo Group’s future complete vehicles, transport solutions, or specific modules/systems and their infrastructure by managing the needed Advanced Engineering. We prepare for the future by leading the Advanced Engineering Platform cross-functionality, with a vision-driven, forward thinking mindset. We collaborate with Group experts to analyze the performance of our solutions and push to the limits of physics and technology.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Advanced Engineering & Concept Team as a Co-op Mechanical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of strategic applications and transport solutions. The selected candidate will report to the Group Manager of Advanced Engineering & Concept Team.
You will work alongside Subject Matter Experts to define and analyze Zero Emissions Vehicle, (ZEV), Heavy Duty transport solutions for vehicle range and cost optimization in the long-haul freight segment and productivity, reliability, durability and safety features in the Construction and Refuse segment.
You will learn how to interpret/understand data acquisition, analysis and transport logistics problems in the industry and apply mathematical models to determine proof of value.
You will support the AE & Concepts in team complete vehicle systems simulations
Communicate status of deliverables during Team meetings
Collaborate with teammates in GTT Engineering and cross-functionally with Technicians, Manufacturing, locally and globally
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation for the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work Authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.