The role of the Senior Electrical Engineer, Power Components is to develop, enhance, and improve vehicle-based electrical power-related hardware components of excellent quality per defined requirements. This is a growing and dynamic technology area with high visibility within the company as we transition past traditional 12VDC power system applications. The position offers a great opportunity to work with a high performing, diverse and expert power electronics and electrical components engineering team.
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation and develop experience as a technical leader within the department. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mindset in order to inspire and challenge the organization. You also have a true “can-do” attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
This position is for a person with abilities to work under challenging conditions and to create a successful working environment. As a professional, you have broad technical know-how combined with great people skills and passion for continuous improvement. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
As your experience, product, and process knowledge grows within the Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity department within Volvo Group, you can take advantage of opportunities to broaden your skillset and advance your role as a leader within the group.
- Develop functional and technically-feasible concepts for pre-study and project prerequisites.
- Create technical requirements for power component hardware and software to deliver the necessary functionality; provide the best reliability and quality; and meet all related safety and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct detailed design reviews with suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure correct component functionality and system integration.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews including FMEAs and risk assessments.
- Lead and manage suppliers to ensure components are delivered on time with the required features, cost, and quality.
- Be the technical owner for your components and lead cross-functional interaction with other departments within the company, both locally and globally.
- Lead root cause analysis and quality improvement activities related to power components by identifying root cause and corrective actions required.
- Assist with development and design for improvement of components, systems, costs or assembly/manufacturing methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. Masters degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in electrical or electronics developing components or systems, preferably in trucking or a related vehicle development industry
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business- and customer-oriented
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
- Leadership competencies: Customer Focus, Decision Quality, Instills Trust, Demonstrates Self Awareness, Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.