We’re on a mission to transform transport solutions and manufacturing as we know it and that starts with our people. Are you interested in driving the revolution in transport solutions in real industrial settings? This Human Resources Innovation role is unlike other internships. You will be challenged to innovate and to step outside the box.
Volvo Group provides a thought-provoking environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of HR in manufacturing. The Innovation co-op places an emphasis on an entrepreneurial attitude, creative, out of the box thinking, and team collaboration.
As a valued member of the Human Resources team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the HR team on people development functions related to the unionized manufacturing environment while viewing these traditional processes with a fresh perspective on how employees interact within this processes. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as provide an opportunity for innovation and improvements within the organization.
We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon. The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth and countless career opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey.
We are the Heart and We keep the Heart beating. We have recently begun production of electric driveline components in addition to developing and producing heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
- Taking traditional HR topics and improving them by using technology available (mostly through Microsoft Suite)
- Drive to self-develop and motivation to take a topic or task and dig into the details of how to accomplish that task in the best way
- Ability to handle big data analytics
- Participate in health and wellbeing initiatives
- Assist in monitoring attendance and absenteeism
- Improve and assist in developing training classes
- Root cause analysis on various people topics
- Assist in HR documentation
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team
- Other traditional HR topics including but not limited to: employee relations, recruitment, compensation, people development, etc.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Preference will be given to students pursuing degrees in business who also have a strong base knowledge of Microsoft suite applications (Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.)
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.