Lead the measurement & maintenance actitivites to plan, purchase, maintain all the test equipment in the test lab to ensure high availability and accuracy of test equipment to meet the test needs & provide necessary support to Test Engineers.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Take the overall responsibility to lead all the activities for the test equipment lab.
- Plan and execute the test equipment, including data acquisition, sensor and all the accessories’ investment, purchase to meet the test needs at different time.
- Develop and evaluate calibration of test equipment to secure measurement uncertainty and traceability
- Manage the test equipment maintenance plan and execution etc to secure all the equipment is on good condition to support the test.
- Fault trace, diagnose and troubleshoot the test equipment to ensure the test equipment are on good condition to support the test.
- Coach and train the work shop mechanics to improve test equipment program and installation capability and efficiency in daily test engineering practices.
- Support test engineers with expert skills in measurement technology to verify functionality in testing when needed.
- Support improvement strategies & provides suitable resources to implement these efficiencies (VPS, QDC, 5S, etc)
- Secure Volvo Group’s Quality, Safety & Health, Environmental Policy and code of condact are implemented
- Authority to stop activities not in compliance with safety regulations
- Good knowledge and skill of the test lab management.
- Good knowledge of data acquisition system, test equipment, measurements, maintenance and calibration etc.
- Good problem analysis and solving knowledge and skills.
- Good knowledge and skill of EHS, 5s and Continue improvement etc
- Open minded, good communication skills, autonomous, rigorous and team player.
- Bachelor degree or above in Electronic and Electrical engineering or equipment and measurement related area.
- Experience in test lab management, test equipment maintenance, calibration etc is performed.
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Good skills in English, written and spoken
- ISO17025 and CNAS awareness
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.