Our agile team delivers IT solutions, supporting Volvo Construction Equipment to become a digital brand. We are a global team so you will work with colleagues in Poland, Sweden, Belgium and Korea and you will interact with business stakeholders from all around the globe.
We are looking for an Azure Data architect – to support our data and productization journey to the cloud. As a starting point you will contribute to our top notch ‘Lighthouse’ cloud project focusing on Site Productivity.
- Solution architecture - Lead the architecture definition for our new products in the cloud, ensuring consistency with specified requirements and group policies. Take full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. Co-ordinate design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency. Ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Manage the target design, policies, and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable, viable architecture and ensure consistency of design across projects.
- Data modelling and design - Investigate corporate data requirements, and apply data analysis, design, modelling, and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Provide advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Drive acceptance - Engage with technical design and project managers or enterprise architects, to ensure correct products are produced, in a timely fashion. Evaluate the quality of project outputs against agreed service acceptance criteria.
This is you
- You have up to 5 years of experience in designing, architecting, and implementing data lake/data warehousing systems. The most recent experience is in delivering large scale Azure projects using analytics services including Delta/Data lake, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Azure Logic Apps and Azure Streaming Analytics.
- You have experience working with real time/streaming data as well as APIs.
- You have experience in integrating large volumes of data from on premise and cloud infrastructure to Azure using standard Azure automation tools
- You have experience in designing service management orchestration and it’s monitoring
- Knowledge about managing requirements of a cloud platform is a plus
- You are able to produce high quality work products under pressure and within deadlines
- You have an appreciation of the purpose and the practices of Agile.
- You have experience working in a global environment
- You have demonstrated a growth and learning mindset.
- You have excellent communication skills in English
This is what we can offer you
- Being a part of a global product team focusing on innovations and adding value
- Collaborative environment based on a Swedish organizational culture
- Work life balance: we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Remote work opportunities, employment contract and flexible working hours
- Clear career path & extensive development opportunities such as mentoring or coaching programs
- Participation in international projects and different trainings
- Unlimited access to learning, including Azure academy, Pluralsight and many more
- Free of charge, private healthcare (Medicover) with dedicated medical facility available also onsite
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
The journey begins! An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile by login in to your account. The hiring team will review your application together with the hiring manager. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information about the following steps.